General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB to the rescue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Pathfinder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUB to the rescue!!!

Got a really bad phone call this morning from the wrench doing my 103 stroker build. The mounting bracket on my rear head pipe was cracked and broke off. This about made me sick because he was puttin the scoot back together after the complete rebuild and was going to fire her up this afternoon. OH ****!!!!!

Well all is not lost! Called BUB about 20 minutes ago and they are sending me out a new, redesigned rear head pipe and rear heat shield. NO QUESTIONS ASKED, NO BS, just GIT ER DONE!. (The heat shield was turning gold between the cylinger and mounting bracket probably due to the crack.)

That is customer service. I am so happy with their response, I went ahead and bought a new heat shield for the front head pipe so they will both be new. When I need another set of pipes for a bike you can bet your sweet a$$, they'll be Reinharts.

Sure would be nice if the MOCO was that easy to deal with on a warranty problem. But that's another story.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:06 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BUB to the rescue!!!

I think that if you search some old threads, this is a problem that has plagued BUB/Reinhart pipes in the past and is not new. That said, it is a great customer service gesture on their part, no questions asked. The problem should have been pretty obvious that you had not altered the bracket in any way. It's not always so clear cut with the MoCo warranty issues. Check the thread from a day or two ago from Red E Glide and his brakes.

Old 11-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Pathfinder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the thread on the brake fluid issue.

I had an issue with HD that (to make a long story short) ended up being a cracked Y pipe. My dis-satisfaction with that issue prompted me to get the Reinharts in the first place. "Dis-coloration of heat shields and mufflers in normal at 3,000 mi." Sure it is.

They've paid for that booboo many times over and all is forgiven.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:34 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope it works out for ya, i bet the new 103 is gonna be sweet