General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the leather jacket from China...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:59 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

This is so often the case, these companies that go overseas especially to China and SE Asia have short term thinking and will end up getting screwed in the end. I have as much belief in HD's marketing effort as an American Motorcycle claim to as they do to the American economy, which aint much. They will suffer in the end, and so with America.

Originally Posted by Nirvana
LOL! Absolutely true. They'll make your jacket at night, the ones for HD during the day.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed

Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
sddyna
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

KFC didn't taste anything like here---not sure it was even chicken!!

Here kitty kitty kitty!!!

Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
phillyrube
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sddyna
KFC didn't taste anything like here---not sure it was even chicken!!

Here kitty kitty kitty!!!
We joke around at work, how do you tell the best Chinese restaurant? The ones that don't have cats hanging around the dumpsters......heheheheh

Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Scouser1
Cruiser

My dad told me that when the first Chinese restaurant opened in Liverpool UK , the got done for selling Davey Crockett hats out the back door, all the neighbours complained that their cats had disappeared.

As for the China jackets, over 20 people on the Aussie HD forum have purchased them direct from China as they are exactly the same ones as in the Dealers, some have had a "genuine Made in China" one next to the direct from China and they are both the same.
I saved $500 buying mine direct .
Scouser

Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Haywired
Road Master

Curious to know how your deal works out.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Yup, you got our interest now. Keep us posted.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,833 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by Scouser1
My dad told me that when the first Chinese restaurant opened in Liverpool UK , the got done for selling Davey Crockett hats out the back door, all the neighbours complained that their cats had disappeared.

As for the China jackets, over 20 people on the Aussie HD forum have purchased them direct from China as they are exactly the same ones as in the Dealers, some have had a "genuine Made in China" one next to the direct from China and they are both the same.
I saved $500 buying mine direct .
Scouser
One got busted locally years ago here for serving possum they caught by the dumpsters . Old neighbor of mine was home one day by surprise and caught 2 g**ks using a gafting hook on his dogs across the fence .

Old 01-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Vins
Club Member

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Been in a number of places some in here can't even pronounce well off the beaten path all round the world , my dime too not uncle Sams little get get together's . Been to south american and had mexican tree rat ( Iguana ) before that is the nastiest thing I've had the misfortune put on my tongue . As for the China famine thing I honestly believe eat anything you can catch is a common cultural thing in all Asian countries in that area , Japan being a bit more cultured about it as an exception .

Even when I went deep in country in Papua New Guinea for the Sago worm festival when the deep woods tribes get together on neutral ground they had more refined eating habits than the damn Chinese or any other " nese "county in that area I've been in .
Would think iguana taste a little like gator or turtle? No? Can't imagine it taste any worse than seal fat. That taste stays with you all day! I don't think gasoline would cut the taste! Usually say I'll try any food twice. Not the seal fat.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,833 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by Vins
Would think iguana taste a little like gator or turtle? No? Can't imagine it taste any worse than seal fat. That taste stays with you all day! I don't think gasoline would cut the taste! Usually say I'll try any food twice. Not the seal fat.
Norwegians got a fish thing they do I'll bet would make you rethink the seal fat , looked like it had been ate once already and tasted worse . Can't describe the Iguana taste just fugging nasty is as close as I can get , maybe the sauce they had it in I don't know . Not often I'll spit something on the floor . learned early to pack a lot of jerky and hi density trail mix on my outings in case the local food gets iffy , damn good habit a few places I've been .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 01-03-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Ordered the leather jacket from China...