General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG mistake!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,600 Posts

I'm a "geezer-glider" and I recently got a 2013 CVO S/E Ultra mainly because of the extra "goodies" but mainly due to the color and color scheme.

I've owned Harleys since 1975 and once in a while a new model will catch my attention even though it may not be my kind of bike.

Recently, TWO bikes have caught my attention and even though I have no plans (or need) to buy either of them, I still think they're some of the sharpest bikes that H-D has had in a long time.

The Sportster "72", especially in Big Flake Red.
THat BIG front wheel with a tiny little white wall tire really makes this bike special.

The CVO S/E Road Glide Custom.
THe word that comes to my mind is "Awesome"!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
fella
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy

The Sportster "72", especially in Big Flake Red.
THat BIG front wheel with a tiny little white wall tire really makes this bike special.

The CVO S/E Road Glide Custom.
THe word that comes to my mind is "Awesome"!
1) The 72 IS a cool looking bike. That's where it ends. Rides like total ***. Sorry to the loyal Sportster clan but it's true.

2) CVO S/E RGC is awesome. 2012's Paint sceme was really cool. Cat whisker paint sceme for 13 is ho-hum.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoHarleyGirl
I planted my butt on the new Softtail Slim. What a sweet bike!

I have been repeating....Ride what you have, ride what you have. Don't even think about it!

Great bike for the vertically challenged! Can't wait to hear a review of this bike from an owner.
I'd say go for it.. my wife sat on a deluxe.. couldn't quit get flat footed ( she's just 5 feet tall ) sales guy slapped a reach seat on it.. took it for a test ride.. two weeks later her 2011 superlow was traded on a 2011 deluxe and she hasn't looked back...

Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ColoharleyGirl-- remember what your Sportster is:

New Mantra:
"My ride is a custom Sportster built especially for me. it was lovingly built just for me and there is no other exactly like it. It has taken me many many miles and on wonderful trips.
Others wish they had a Sportster like mine. People make a point to come up and talk with me about my custom ride. It is a part of me as much as I am a part of it."

Repeat 20 times each time the devil tells you to get the Slim.....

Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoHarleyGirl
I planted my butt on the new Softtail Slim. What a sweet bike!

I have been repeating....Ride what you have, ride what you have. Don't even think about it!

Great bike for the vertically challenged! Can't wait to hear a review of this bike from an owner.
CHG - I ride a sportster which is top heavier than most bikes. I love the nimbleness (if that's a word) but it's for your same reason why I don't sit on other bikes...

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior
Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfly3176
This is why I won't even sit on a Fatboy or fatboy lo. I already love the bike they look comfy as hell, and I know I wouldn't be able to help myself if I sat on one.
I LOVE my '11 Fatboy.

I need to get a pic that I can post here.