General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Lingo

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 AM
gatorlaw
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 398 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Lingo

Pulled the trigger - spent way too much money, wife's gonna be pissed, but if I post about it I'll look cool on the forum.

Stage 1 - I spent a too much on a bike that isn't ready for the road, gotta buy more stuff, wife's gonna be pissed, but bike will be cooler and so will I.

Wrench it yourself - I spent too much money, wife's gonna be pissed, I'll buy some tools and do it myself to save money. I need a new jack.

Rub - has a nice bike and a good job, he can speak in full sentences, but he spent too much on a bike he doesn't drive enough, his wife is pissed too.

Poser - bought the bike and every piece of hd clothing he can find. Has a leather vest with all kinds of patches, duck walks his bike out of parking lot but looks like an official pirate.

Troll - says something likely truthful but against the moco. His wife isn't as pissed because he bought a much cheaper import that didn't need immediate mods and has more power and torque than a harley.

Duck walk - I'm new to riding, or the bike I've chosen to ride is way to big for me, so ill use my feet to help me keep it upright and hope I don't slip on gravel.

Blasted out cross country - I finally rode more than the 10 mile round trip to the local dealer and I stopped at another dealer and bought a shirt to validate my journey, $50 on a t-shirt, wife's gonna be pissed.

Thinking of going to sturgis - I just watched SOA, Full Throttle Saloon or some other motorcycle show and I want to discuss plans for next years rally (that poster will never make it to) because his trailer isn't right, he don't have the $$ or the wife is pissed and wouldn't let him.

Back patch - I am a ___ (see above for troll, poser, rub or pirate) but want to look more like a bad *** so I'm thinking of putting something big on the back of my new vest, wife won't be pissed if she makes it, right (see wild hogs the movie)

Old lady - the term when used by poser, rub or troll to describe the nagging witch at his house; when used by a biker - it means the same

Ride like a pro - I saw a clip of some video on youtube that changed my riding forever and while I never actually took the class, nor practiced the maneuvers depicted I saw the clip so now I'm ready for the dragon at top speed

Twisties - delusional harley riders believe that their experience with ride like a pro (see above) translate into a gsxr or duacti. See epic fail

Epic fail - I thought I was a better rider than I really am, "had to put it down" (See below for Big Boyz def'n), tore off half of the

Pirate - costume worn only when riding, washing or hanging out at dealer. Consists of doors rag, leather vest, half helmet, fingerless gloves, facial hair. Skulls, flames or demons are required.

Throttle blip - worried that enough people aren't looking at you at a stop light, you constantly rev the engine (as if you are on some cammed up, carburetor fed, old school bike that would stall otherwise) to make sure people think you are a legit based *** biker.

Compensator - see stage 1

Make it your own - get the hd official parts book and order as much crap that you can bolt on, see also stage 1 and wrench it yourself.

Indy - don't have the skills to do it yourself and too cheap to pay the dealer (though dealer work is suspect)

Stealership - I know I'm getting screwed because I can buy better products elsewhere but they are not a harley and only a troll doesn't ride a harley. Plus where else can you wear a pirate outfit and look good?

New model - same crap, different paint, a few new "improvements" (many of which have been standard on other bikes for years), more money, wife's gonna be pissed.

Thinking of going to sturgis - I just watched SOA, Full Throttle Saloon or some other motorcycle show and I want to discuss plans for next years rally (that poster will never make it to) because his trailer isn't right, he don't have the $$ or the wife is pissed and wouldn't let him.

Back patch - I am a ___ (see above for troll, poser, rub or pirate) but want to look more like a bad *** so I'm thinking of putting something big on the back of my new vest, wife won't be pissed if she makes it, right (see wild hogs the movie)

Old lady - the term when used by poser, rub or troll to describe the nagging witch at his house; when used by a biker - it means the same

Epic fail - I thought I was a better rider than I really am, "had to put it down" (See below for Big Boyz def'n), tore off half of the bolt-ons I added, wife's gonna be pissed.

Road Rash - I dressed for the ride not the crash, my skills aren't as good as I thought, I did't like that tattoo anyway, I'm glad it got scraped off.

Cage or cager - the bane of the harley riders existence. Always the cause of any accident where a motorcycle is evolved (online anyway), usually described as a texting or phoning cager. Also the primary mode of transportation for most posers, pirates, rubs and trolls. Also usually costs less than said hog, or scoot.

Slab - most efficient mode for racking up the miles, usually avoided by posers, rubs and trolls cause there are no twisties.

Pipes - expensive metal tubes designed to make more noise and violate epa rules, but it's not a hog without pipes, see also stage 1.

Biker - the 1%er that the other 99% think they are a part of.

A$$hat - term of affection used to describe someone who disagrees with your post.

Keyboard Commando - usually a rub, poser or pirate who grows ***** sitting behind his computer screen. Wouldn't dare say a peep to anyone's face.

Dyno - subjective non definitive test that costs hundreds and results in a computer printout demonstrating a relatively small increase in power and torque. Usually used to justify the add ons and stage one, wife even more pissed now.

H.O.G. - a wanna be m/c that is run by rubs, posers and wannabes. A group that meets at the dealer before enduring an epic ride to the local buffet before returning to the dealership to talk more. If wife gets involves she is less pist because she wants your scoot to be better than the ones the other old ladies are riding on.

If I forgot anything, please add.

Last edited by gatorlaw; 08-27-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added terms
Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 AM
FredAndrews
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a good list probably one of the best I've seen on here because most of these guys on here dont know what any of this means

Old 08-27-2014, 09:27 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,246 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Well, we`ve heard it all before...

Old 08-27-2014, 09:34 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I noticed you used "duck walk" in an explanation, but that should probably be on the list as well. I see it used a lot.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Biker...someone in a club, generally an outlaw club

Bike rider...anyone who rides a bike

Slab...highway (which I hate the term)

Gater hide...part of a retread (see above "hate")

Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

But it's not winter yet??

Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Nice list, don't forget

Putt: Taking a ride

Righteous Scoot: Customized motorcycle with homemade parts on it, wife won't be pissed because the bro that rides a righteous Scoot isn't married.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great post and funny sh*t. Too bad most of it is true.....

Old 08-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Big Boz
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

"HAD TO" lay it down - An action supposedly taken as a last resort in an emergency situation to avoid a much worse outcome. Most times used to cover the fact that proper situational awareness and proper evasive techniques were not used or not known.

Get Back Whip - fancy name for decorative tassel

Last edited by Big Boz; 08-27-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boz
"HAD TO" lay it down - An action supposedly taken as a last resort in an emergency situation to avoid a much worse outcome. Most times used to cover the fact that proper situational awareness and proper evasive techniques were not used or not known.
This is spot on. I really ****ing hate that term, and whenever someone says that I have to point out that the end result is still the same, they ****ing crashed!

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Lingo