Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Boosterplug

Old 06-24-2017, 05:24 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts
Default Boosterplug

anyone using?
Sounds simple to the point and makes me wonder how no one's thought of it before. Or they have (maybe), just never actually stated this simple fact?
Anyhow, here's a link; http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/harl...tail-525p.html

Old 06-24-2017, 07:01 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,478 Likes on 4,603 Posts

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Sounds simple to the point and makes me wonder how no one's thought of it before.
You see crap on TV every day, $159.95, but wait, that`s not all...

There is no such thing as a magic pill.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 06-24-2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:27 AM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,788 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Suspicious..........maybe an increase in fuel......ala XIED's!!
Dont forget to buy the vortex generator....that will increase fuel mileage by 1000%.
(my neighbor has one for sale at $300!)

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (01-08-2021)
Old 06-24-2017, 07:45 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

truth is... Never made it past 9th grade. And even tho, I've done pretty well considering. Yet, I know zip as to how tuners work. Stock ECM modules are really no different from what the after market industry is pushing as far as AFR deliveries are applied. And they accomplish it successfully so. I'm willing to wager that more than half of the global M/C 'ling community has one hooked to their bike. And maybe only 2% of us know extract what these components really do, or work. They Just pull out their cash and BINGO! You win. Or not.
Fact is you can spend &$800. or $155. What's the difference, LOL

All this product does is fool you ECM into thinking ambient temps are low. And thus adds more fuel. Does it in a calculated manner as to not over richen and maintain consistency. Are those more hyped up tuners any different really?
Mostly all they do IMO.
Just this is a plain and simple approach as apposed to something that claims to have been to space and back. Really, just curious if anyone here as used one?, is all. Thanks!

Last edited by splattttttt; 06-24-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:00 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Stuff like this has been around for awhile in the car world. Yes, in theory it is very simple to think that it will enrich the mixture across the board because now it is seeing cooler temps.

Remember that we basically have two different parts to fuel control. We have the sensors like IAT, MAP, engine temp, all trying to figure out what amount of fuel to deliver. We now also have a feed back system with O2 sensors.

What I am getting at. The feedback is going to over ride it while in closed loop mode. Open loop like WOT. Sure, it will be adding more fuel. Is more fuel what is needed?

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...k1._neEwcw1jo4

Old 06-24-2017, 09:13 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

thanks HT78. I like your question, ie; "Is more fuel what is needed?"
The EPA says NO. MoCo complies. Bikes run leaner, thus issues occur?
I know for every bike I hooked an ECM (electronic control module) to has helped them by leaps and bounds. So these things work. Some just add fuel. Some will change my underwear. The latter just cost more. So my question is, do we need to spend so much to help richen our fuel mixture? On a fueler, the cost would be the price for two jests. Then twist the **** and done LOL

Old 06-24-2017, 11:01 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

IME I have yet to do a tune when the bike only needs for me to add fuel. Yes, in some areas. Fuel needs to be added. Some areas. Fuel needs to be removed.

IMO some stock cals and a lot of the starter cals out there. Are targeting a richer mixture than best power for WOT areas. 12.5 and richer. Then there is PE mode. Their goal might not be best power. At the same time. I believe idle area is targeted too lean for anything else beside stock configuration. Add free flowing exhaust and indicated AFR is usually richer than targeted. So, where are we really?

Cooling IAT sensor does work. It will add enough fuel on a properly tuned bike to support a 30 shot of NOS. This was with a 176 level calibration and I wish I had the option of IAT spark correction table like in the later cals. It would help when we turn on the second stage of 100 shot.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:03 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

K bro LOL, now you're throwing it way overmah cranium. But is anadjustment on fuel ratio based on
ambient temps wif fuel injection enough to maintain proper throttle delivery enough to satisfy a stock motor?
My wife just bought a 2008 x bones with a factory canned flash. Dealer sais it was dynoed? I say bull cause its a pig and runs hot.
I first thought that a full stage 1 with a V&H fp3, get rid of the stock A/C and do a final drive pulley swap wake the pig up, but the I saw this thing and thought that for $150 it might be worth a shot?
Don't get me wrong bro. Bike's sweet. And for her its plenty and thinks my Slim's a untMed beast. So I'm just kinda thinking out loud here about it hoping for some feed back from people like you.
I mean, who knows? She's be riding an 883 for the last two years. Now that she made the move for a twin cam she's walkin on air. But what about next year? Not buyin her an M8! Ya know?

Old 06-25-2017, 11:18 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

As long as you stay clear of a competent tuner and keep your bike as is you will never know e difference. Same goes for your wife.
What you have is the best you know, right?
Just ask anyone who has experienced the difference between what they had compared to after a proper tune.
Virtually any bike will benefit (smoothness response, power, and mileage) with a tune...even bone stock bikes run noticeable better after recalibration.
Bob

Old 06-25-2017, 11:52 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,243 Likes on 11,134 Posts

Sorry, but there is no freakn' way that thing can replace a tune by a competent, or even auto tuner. If all you had to do was add more fuel linearly across the range, it would have been done. This magic device will simply do three things:
1) lighten your wallet
2) reduce your MPG
3) foul your spark plugs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boosterplug