Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PC III maps

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 06:25 PM
Jpcl
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PC III maps

Just got a used PC III for my 04 Dyna. I have a 95 kit with Andrews 21N cams, Danmoto 2:1 exhaust, SE air kit and a good amount of head work(Porting, bigger valves, springs, etc) done. Can I download a map from somewhere for that combo. Or is a dyno my only choice ?

Old 07-26-2019, 05:28 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Try the DynoJet website

Old 07-26-2019, 06:02 PM
Jpcl
Advanced

I tried that - did not have anything for the combo I posted..

Old 07-27-2019, 08:55 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 755 Likes on 590 Posts

you are not going to have any luck finding a canned map for your combo. unfortunately you are not going to have as good a results as you hope for when you DO go to get a dyno tune, with the pipe that you have installed. they don't run very well. you might re-think your choice of exhaust and get one of the tried, true proven performers, then go get your dyno tune done and have a happy life.
m

Old 08-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

i was curious of this aswell. does the forum have a section to share map files?? Im putting on an 2005 road king custom EFI stock motor, changing to S&S power tune dual header, already has SE hi flow and slipons. dont see this setup on the dynojet site.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:36 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 608 Likes on 421 Posts

Base or canned maps are only good for getting a modded up bike to a tuner for proper recalibration. Dynojet will readily admit their maps are just starting points not final tunes. Due to so many variables Dynojet only offers a few maps for anything but stock or stage 1 bikes.
The only stigma of canned maps is so many look for them to be the end result rather than the starting point.
Bob
BTW I believe the Danmoto pipe may work ok because the cam choice is so conservation (close to stock) exhaust design is not nearly as critical as with high performance cam designs.

Last edited by FLTRI17; 08-13-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Jpcl
Advanced

The starting point maps from dynojet are not helpful for anything beyond basic configs which probably don’t require a complex tuner like power commander to begin with. If you purchase the unit from a supplier like fuel moto they will make a custom map for u that’s close to ur config but may need editing or Dyno time.

For my my config I leaned more on bottom end torque which is what drove the 95ci and Andrews 21n cam choice and eventually the 2 into 1 pipe. I just happened to land the high performance heads for next to nothing which is why i used them but they are not part of the original plan. I was gonna do some light weight porting myself otherwise. I am currently a doebeck tfi unit that manipulates the injector pulse based on load and it works pretty decent. I just wanted to see if I can get some more. It feels like dyno time is the way to go.

Old 08-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

i already have the pc ,air cleaner and slip ons. Im just changing to the tuck under header for my aunt to move the heat from under the seat. Maybe if I buy the header from fuel moto, theyll hook me up? but I think you gotta buy a module to get it from them but dont know. I did try and PM them but they dont accept PM, maybe Ill drop them an email

Old 08-13-2019, 10:01 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 755 Likes on 590 Posts

i've tried to tune 2 stock motor bikes with the Danmoto, and it just sucked, no other way to really say it. both bike were down horsepower and torque, and a simple switch to a proven system made them both come into the expected ranges. had to do one right in front of the customers eyes, as he didn't believe me. not anything fancy either, just V&H Strait shots with baffles.
m

Old 08-13-2019, 10:28 PM
Jpcl
Advanced

This is just from my butt dyno - I have tried the danmoto pipes against rush slip ons, SE slipons, VH straight shots and they had the best power across the useful range. Not saying these are the best pipes u can get but they are not as bad as you say especially compared to the straight shots which is just a horrible pipe..

Quick Reply: PC III maps