Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ECM sert tuning errors!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
dynamss
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM sert tuning errors!

okay this is my second post asking about the sert tuner. i found a program to download to my bike that matches the parts. thanks to you guys! now my issue is that i cant download anything to the bike! im at my whits end the bike is to lean to ride and I need the new map to fatten up the AFR.

the download goes to twenty percent complete then stops. the error message says( "ECM is not allowing programing!" if problem persists contact youre harley davidson dealer.) this happens even if i try to put the program back in that is currently in it! current program is 141nx002-a2.mt6 thying to download 141nw002-a2.mt6. both are for closed loop bikes with short dual exhaust. iv tried three diffrent versions of software 4.5.2, 4.6.0, and 4.6.2 is it possible the ECM has a fault and the harley dealer needs to reset it? i had comm errors and the dealer here helped me communicate (they gave me v4.6.2 software that worked) is it possible to lock an ECM from being programed further? im honestly clutching at straws any help will be greatly appriciated!

The bike is a 2006 FXDWG, closed loop system 95 bore,andrews tw-59 cam python straight pipes manual poppers

Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
rambobob
Tourer

I had problems until I got the Belkin cables. I had another brand and they just would not work.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get the sert 4.77 version an give it a try.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like your USB adapter does not do flow control right. Which one are you using or are you using a serial cable?

Old 08-03-2010, 07:43 PM
dynamss
6th Gear

in using the BELKIN F5U409 usb to serial converter what kind are you using? the manual says the software will auto configure the baud rate to 115200 but it dosent iv tried the baud at 9600 and 115200. com 1-5 on each of my 3 usb ports. a week ago i was able to download a program as a test at the local harley dealer but i guess something has changed since then. also the send space i tried to download and it wouldnt install right. thanks for the help!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 PM
user 9375875
Banned

Originally Posted by dynamss
... the download goes to twenty percent complete then stops. the error message says( ECM is not allowing programing! if problem persists contact youre harley davidson dealer.) this happens even if i try to put the program back in that is currently in it!
This is usually caused by the interface not being matched to the ECM. Is is possible that the dealer gave you the wrong interface, or it was used to program a different bike? Has the ECM been replaced since it was last programmed?

You can also check the log file to see if there is any information there. It is in the directory where you installed Tuning Mode and named _MT2LOG.TXT

--Gary

Last edited by user 9375875; 08-03-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
dynamss
6th Gear

nope its the same tuner i had with me that day i was in there shop and after the download packed it in the box and took it with me as far as i know its never been used on another bike even for data monitor. its the same ECM has never been replaced. is it possible they can reset or get messed up? can the ECM get a fault? thank you for the help!

Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is possible to hose the ECU, difficult with the old SERT, but much easier with the early SEST/SESPTs. I'm not sure the dealer can fix that, it may need to go back to HD.

If you can read the ECU information and data out, I don't think the ECU is hosed.

Did the HD dealer use your Bekin adapter, or their own? I'll have to double check this evening on which one I use, but its the beefy one that came in the kit.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
dynamss
6th Gear

well i can read the ECM info in the ecm programing screen and the data monitoring. so i hop its okay. the dealer used my converter and cables. if you can let me know the kind of converter youre using that would be great! it might make a difference. thanks again!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the Belkin Adapter plugged in
Right click on my computer
On hardware tab click Device Manager Button
Under View in the menu click on "Show Hidden Devices"
Systematically delete all the ones related to the Belkin USB adapter
Remove adapter
Reboot
Plug in the USB adapter and see if it reinstalls the driver