Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Programing Security System

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 AM
buba6
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programing Security System

Hi Guys,

I have bought a 2008 Electra Glide, and unfortunetly during the transport, my keys were mixed up with other bikes, so I received the wrong keys with wrong pilot from the security system. I have ordered the keys from H-D but now doesn't know what to do with the pilot, to start the bike, is there a way to program the wrong pilot so it works with my bike?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by buba6
Hi Guys,

I have bought a 2008 Electra Glide, and unfortunetly during the transport, my keys were mixed up with other bikes, so I received the wrong keys with wrong pilot from the security system. I have ordered the keys from H-D but now doesn't know what to do with the pilot, to start the bike, is there a way to program the wrong pilot so it works with my bike?
I assume you haven't been able to start it by any method. By "pilot" are you referring to the fob? AFAIK the fob can only be paired to the ECU with the dealer software (Digital Technician), but if you know the security code you should be able to bypass the fob. You could try "00000" or "12345" and see if that works, as I seem to recall that one of these is the factory default. You turn the ignition to "ON" and hit both turn-signal switches at the same time. On your odometer you'll see five dashes with the first one blinking. Depress the left turn signal repeatedly until the desired number is displayed, then hit the right switch to move to the next digit, repeating 'til you finish. It's probable that if you take the bike to your dealer you can get the fobs you have programmed and the system assigned a new security code.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 AM
buba6
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I am talking abou the FOB.
I will try as you say, if this doesn't work than seams like only HD dealer will help