Notices
Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

tssm p1009 code

Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM
stevefxdi
One Of The Regulars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tssm p1009 code

Hi all, installed a used ecm in my 2006 roadking from a friends bike that he wasnt using bike wouldnt stay started, it started and died right out, i have tried the remarrying procedure about 6 time and it never works, would like to know what my options are, if i buy a new tsm without the security will i still have the same problem. thanks for any help

Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stevefxdi View Post
Hi all, installed a used ecm in my 2006 roadking from a friends bike that he wasnt using bike wouldnt stay started, it started and died right out, i have tried the remarrying procedure about 6 time and it never works, would like to know what my options are, if i buy a new tsm without the security will i still have the same problem. thanks for any help
Take the bike to the dealer and have them marry it with the Digital technician.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:36 PM
scottedawg
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im having the same issue. USED PCM - bike starts and dies right away - Im about to lose my mind with this bike - guess it has to go to Harley..

Old 06-23-2019, 07:32 AM
MyFavRk
Road Master
Received 462 Likes on 307 Posts

Not exactly sure why this happens , but I have an FP3 and when it's plugged in I get the same error " Missing Password " P1009 . It would only happen when I had the FP3 plugged in . Once I had my auto tune complete and the bike was running the way I wanted , I unplugged it from the bike and it never happened again .

Here is a procedure that you can try , I don't know if this will work , I've never tried it . Good luck , I hope you get it figured out !
http://www.harley-performance.com/password-learn.html