Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

How to save existing map?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 PM
refundboy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to save existing map?

I've read and read about how to do this and it all sort of became gobbledygook to me. I have an '07 Touring bike that has supposedly been dyno tuned at an H-D dealer in Tennessee. The bike seems to run strong to me but I would like to fiddle with some more of the tunes that came on the SERT (v4.77) CD.

Before I go and just upload a tune to the bike, I would like to at least save the existing tune so that I can revert to this if I want to. This is where it all becomes sort of murky to me.

I have the SERT CD, the SERT itself and the SERT cables. I just want to safely retrieve the current map and save it. I have an older '00 bike that has the newer USB ECM in it and it's a piece of cake to both program and save whatever the current tune is. It came with different software - plus it is USB. I don't know if this software will even work with the SERT and SERT cables. I guess I would like to try to stay all SERT software if possible.

If this is possible with what I have, can someone please explain how to do this? I'd really appreciate it.