Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

They will get you with the "stage Kits" when you come back

Old 11-17-2018, 02:47 AM
MTBIG G
Road Warrior

Received 968 Likes on 556 Posts

Seems like a fairly good deal. Go for it. I think you'll he happy with the 19. My 18 is still bone stock and I love it!

Old 11-17-2018, 07:56 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

At least you aren’t upside down on trade value. A friend runs F&I at the local dealership and sees folks come in up to their eyeballs in mortgages, etc...and get upset when they learn they can’t ‘buy’ a $50,000 SUV.

No real advice to offer here, but I’ll say this - I’ve stopped telling the wife “Its my last bike. Seriously.”

It’s good that you’ve made it to retirement. Enjoy!

Old 11-17-2018, 07:59 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

I'm w/others, as the famous tennis shoe maker says..."just do it!"

Old 11-17-2018, 08:23 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,659 Likes on 946 Posts

Seems like a good offer. I know for a fact HD in FL. cost more at the dealer. I have a few friends in FL when they want a new bike they come back to Pa and save 1000"s

Old 11-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Dutchy3051
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

my local dealership. They have a great relationship with the police department that I retired from and give the officers a great deal. I have purchased both of my Harleys from them

I'm recently retired from Law Enforcement too (Ontario, Canada), so Congratulations Brother!! I would check with your local HD dealer, especially since they know you and vice-versa, and see if they can give you the same price. Maybe even throw in a Stage1? It's great to have a local dealer in your corner should you ever have an issue down the road. I enjoy my '18 Ultra and I'm sure you will like the M8 too.
Dutchy

Old 11-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 829 Likes on 496 Posts

Why would you go that far with a deal if you didn't have it in the back of your mind to get a 19. You've been told "great deal " to " keep pushing". What does it matter what we think?
It's not rocket science like some guys are suggesting. Buying a new bike should be something exciting and something you want to do, not sometime you get cornered into. No one "needs" a motorcycle. You are always in control of the deal because they need your money and you don't need to buy a bike.
Don't listen to us, listen to yourself.

The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (11-17-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 06:49 PM
dbdicker
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I would never buy new. That said, it sounds like a super deal -- you're getting $13K for an FL with 45k on it as a trade? Winner.

PLUS and this is the truth -- NOBODY ever asked for permission from his pals in order to NOT buy something he wanted. You're looking for fellow crackpots like you to tell you you need it, deserve it and should definitely have it, no matter WHAT your wife says.

Have no fear -- I can tell you need it, deserve and definitely should have it........enjoy the new bike, pal.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:09 PM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dbdicker
I would never buy new. That said, it sounds like a super deal -- you're getting $13K for an FL with 45k on it as a trade? Winner.

PLUS and this is the truth -- NOBODY ever asked for permission from his pals in order to NOT buy something he wanted. You're looking for fellow crackpots like you to tell you you need it, deserve it and should definitely have it, no matter WHAT your wife says.

Have no fear -- I can tell you need it, deserve and definitely should have it........enjoy the new bike, pal.
Not asking for permission, more like input on whether or not 1. The 2019s are good bikes and 2. The deal I’ve been presented is a good one. I hate buying something and finding out later that I could have done better, or worse, finding out that I bought a problem prone POS.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:20 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm

Not asking for permission, more like input on whether or not 1. The 2019s are good bikes and 2. The deal I’ve been presented is a good one. I hate buying something and finding out later that I could have done better, or worse, finding out that I bought a problem prone POS.
As an owner of 2-TWO; M8's that transferred Trans oil to primary, I advise you to ask
fellow members on here that have '19 Touring bikes if they have the problem.
Believe me, there is no more helpless feeling to know you have a problem with your "NEW" bike
and the dealer tells you; "there is nothing wrong with the bike, it is you!"

I am aware of many, many owners on here that 'claim' no problems, but people do lie..........

(p/s) make friends with $tonecold. You may need his services.

In all fairness; since I fixed my '18 Ultra with $tonecold's fix I can say; THIS IS
THE BEST HARLEY I'VE EVER OWNED. (this one is #20)

Last edited by not a sock; 11-17-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Should I do it?