Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwalkee 8 Pressure Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 10:05 AM
PBONO16
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What concerns mwe of what happened to mine is if it worked it's self out while I was riding and the Engine Siezed it would lock up the drive train and god knows what the effect to the rider would be. Would we sail over the handle bars? I feel that everyone should file a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Association at the following link

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Old 03-11-2019, 10:52 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by PBONO16
What concerns mwe of what happened to mine is if it worked it's self out while I was riding and the Engine Siezed it would lock up the drive train and god knows what the effect to the rider would be. Would we sail over the handle bars? I feel that everyone should file a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Association at the following link

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
If you have enough sense to put your shoes on the right feet in the morning you'll have no problem noticing something is wrong long before it will lock up on you. Motor will tell you it ain't happy.

The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
Cazador (03-11-2019), Steve N, (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:56 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,086 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Makes me wonder if the switches are indeed bad or they are just installing a switch that has a lower value so the light doesn't come on at the low OP the M8's have at idle.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 AM
PBONO16
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UpDate on my Oil Pressure Switch. Harley Davidson Techs are involved now they had the dealership pull the oil pump and take and send pictures to them they have now instructed the dealership to remove the heads and check for any scoring on the pistons and cylender walls. I am not a happy camper with HD as a first time owner. Would you accept your bike back with an engine that was taken apart on a brand new bike or would you want HD to replace the Engine? what is next to go?

Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 AM
Dutchy3051
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

UpDate on my Oil Pressure Switch. Harley Davidson Techs are involved now they had the dealership pull the oil pump and take and send pictures to them they have now instructed the dealership to remove the heads and check for any scoring on the pistons and cylender walls. I am not a happy camper with HD as a first time owner. Would you accept your bike back with an engine that was taken apart on a brand new bike or would you want HD to replace the Engine? what is next to go?
Huh? But isn't that what you wanted in your first post? This might not be a pleasant experience, but it sounds like the MoCo is working to remedy the situation. Keep a little heat to the fire for now....
Thanks, Dutchy

Old 03-20-2019, 09:38 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

I’ve seen plenty of switch and sensor failures on vehicles; what usually happens is a internal seal fails. What results is oil leaking through the connector cavity and onto the vehicle. Are you sure yours actually unthreaded itself? Seems like a long shot.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:23 PM
Long time rider
Banned
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

You have no choice in the matter. They will replace ONLY the parts that have signs of failure. The dealer has no say in this because the MOCO instructs them to take pictures of the parts in question and send them via e-mail. In a few days or maybe a week some geek calls the dealership and tells them exactly what to do. They only pay for the parts which they determine to have failed. Again the dealers have no say most of the time because warranty is run and paid for by the MOCO, not the selling dealer.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:21 PM
liberty.mike
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Troll.....