Northeast Pennsylvania | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Delmarva Bike Week ~ Ocean City Md

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Delmarva Bike Week ~ Ocean City Md

Delmarva Bike Week
September 13th - 16th
Ocean City Md area

http://www.delmarvabikeweek.com/

Looking for any info on this event... where to be etc... thanks.

Last edited by trafficjams; 08-25-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trafficjams
Delmarva Bike Week
October 13th - 16th
Ocean City Md area

http://www.delmarvabikeweek.com/

Looking for any info on this event... where to be etc... thanks.
For starters, it's in September, not October : )

Old 08-25-2012, 02:50 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazimere
For starters, it's in September, not October : )
LOL Thanks for catching that! Actually had to go check my hotel booking to make sure I didnt fugg THAT up!

Looking for any info.. places... how traveling the road between Salisbury and Ocean City is... cops... roadblocks... places that are biker-friendly ALL throughout the year that may not be mentioned on the Delmarva website... you know.. stuff!

Old 08-25-2012, 03:23 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 454 Likes on 315 Posts

Fishtails in O.C.
http://ocfishtales.com/

Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Phil Upton
Advanced

Make sure you go to a place called "Seacrets". Best freakin bar I've ever been to.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Peckers is Biker Friendly. Also Pickles Pub. You canhead out of OC to Oasis in Whaleyville.

Cops are every where for Bike Week.... especially on 50 between Salisbury and OC.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
BALLS172
Cruiser

All good info above, Seacrets will give you whiplash from how fast your head will move to keep up with the random ***...

also Dead Freddies and if you like mexcian food Tequila Mockingbird is a good place

Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Two places on the way ...

Route 1 just South of 895 or 195.

Daniel's Restaurant & Bar
5854 Washington Boulevard
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410) 796-4678
danielsrestaurantandbar.com‎

In Kent Narrows, just on the other side of the Bay Bridge

Red Eye's Dock Bar
428 Kent Narrow Way North
Grasonville, MD 21638
(410) 827-3937

It's been a really long time since I've been to OC, but the original Greene Turtle is at 118th Street, Bayside. I spent many a night there. They used to let us prop our surf boards behind the bar and leave them at closing time. You threw the peanut shells on the floor and I don't remember them serving food, but they let us order pizza and have it delivered to the bar.

A lot of people will take 404W to 13S or 113S if Route 50 is jammed up, which can happen.

There are usually plenty of speed traps on the way to OC. There are long stretches between Annapolis and Salisbury where its wide open, but LEOs like to hide in the trees in the median as you get closer to the shore. And they nab a ton of people coming around a curve.

True story from 20-25 years ago ... I was on the way to the beach about 1/2 between Salisbury and OC. Came around a curve and there was a boy - about 12 or 13 - on the side of the road holding a piece of cardboard: "RADAR". I slowed down and around the bend, sure enough, was a speed trap with 3-4 police cars and no cars pulled over. A hundred yards down the road was another bend ... around it was another kid holding up 5 gal pickle bucket that said: "TIPS". Figured $5 was well earned. I don't know how long it took before they got caught, but I bet they made some good money that day.

Also, be careful coming into the little towns like Easton and Cambridge. The speed limit will drop straight from 50 to 25 and LEO will sit right there at the edge of town and clock you 10' past the sign doing 45 in a 25 as you are slowing down. Has happened to me more then once.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM
4Fifteen1
Advanced

Wild bills is ok. Burn out pits and bands. Down near first street. Fishtails was already mentioned. I think secrets is way over crowded after 10 (where they have rock bands, inside), during earlier hours it's great though. Heard purple moose is good but haven't been in there yet (that's on the boardwalk near first street area). I think bike week is the last event for the year. Some places run low on beer, hooters ran out of bud light on us. Said they weren't getting anymore cause they were closing for the season. Last year was a hurricane. Just had my bike pin striped in Salisbury and had to ride back to OC in the damn thing. Had some videos of some bikes falling over. Most all the bars that are good will have vendors outside and selling beer outside, so they are easy to find while riding. Ride up the coastal hwy to hwy 20 or a little further to 26. Go west till you hit seaford. The hd shop is there, some vendors. Then 13 south to Salisbury and back to OC. I'll be there starting on monday that week, do the beach thing first and then bike week(end).

Old 08-29-2012, 01:17 PM
WILLETTS
Tourer

Trader Lees

Quick Reply: Delmarva Bike Week ~ Ocean City Md