Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

OCMD bike week 2018

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Diablo4123
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am really excited to go just bought some saddlebags for the trip today, man I love craigslist. Now all I need is a seat, the factory seat sucks. No highway pegs for this bike yet.

The following users liked this post:
Scudda (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

This year will be my 3rd time going.. It's about 250 miles for me and had a good time on both previous trips. We usually go to Assateague/Chincoteague. It's a small fee to enter but has some great views. Last year we rode down to Virginia Beach & back over the bridge/tunnel which was also a great 300 mile day ride.

This year we are staying at the Fenwick Inn which is a decent place and not bad on the wallet.

Last edited by Fat_Boy; 08-01-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Diablo4123
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How crazy does it get? are there alot of idiots at bars trying to call your bluff or do most people get along? I imagine the guy girl ratio is pretty high. Do cops pull over alot of people for drinking?

Old 08-02-2018, 12:37 AM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't do bars except for last year I did go see Jackyl at Cowboy Coast. Everyone was friendly that I came across and it seems to me that most people get along. Last year they jacked the price of the event up so I didn't pay admission and didn't go to the inlet to see the bands or anything that has to do with that. There are 2 other major vendor areas that are free to get into. I didn't see many bikes pulled over nor hear of much trouble at all. The businesses in the city love having the bikers because, for the most part, they patronize the businesses, clean up after themselves, don't stiff the servers, & don't act up compared to a car related event that used to be held there.

Scudda (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 09:08 AM
ROLLn1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have gone every year for the past what is it 15years, Whew! I have met some Great Friends there,it has become kind of a reunion rally for me. Everyone is just having a Good time, I go to the Bars, and have Never had a Issue with Anyone. It's All Good Times, Good Music, Good People! Don"t Act a Fool, and you will have No issues with the Police. Go and have a Great Time!!

Scudda (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,212 Likes on 941 Posts

This will be our 6th year in a row going and love it. So much to see and do.I live in Philly and it's 168 miles from my door to the city. If you go you won't regret it. We go down on Wed and leave on Monday. We figured out after the first year of going...it's better to get there the day before and get settled. Some vendors are already open at the 45th street tap house, Secrets, Hoopers Crab house and the Convention center.

You can also take a ride all the way up Rt 54 to 13 to Rommel HD , the Host for the Delmarva part of the Bike week. This ride takes you through the most northern Cypress forest in The U.S. Also check out the wild horses at assateague Island.

Funny I usually post a thread about OCMD Bike week about 4 weeks before it to see who is going...you beat me to it lol

Old 08-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,212 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by 66impala
Reading area here also (Mohnton). 150 miles is a good day of riding, you need to ride your own ride, if thats what your comfortable with stick to it.

I did OC two years ago for the first time and I did have a good time, we did seacrets bar/club. But I dont feel the need to go there again and here are my reasons why.

Motels are overpriced, OC is huge and very few things are in walking distance to each other, vendor and entertainment at the end of the boardwalk was a charge like 35.00. OC cops are out to make their quotas. Alot of crazy car drivers in town still, the main drag is like a major highway.

Just a suggestion, try Roar to the Shore, in Wildwood NJ. at the same time. We go every year and still have a great time with our friends. Motels are reasonable, we stay at the Caribbean which is a couple bucks more but its worth it. Wildwood is more of a walkable event around town, good vendors if thats your thing, a drunk trolley to get you around town. Kellys bar is a good hang to watch people and bikes. Bolero bar if you want to see alot of bikes, vendors and crazy people.

If you want to get together some time locally to ride send me a P..M.
The reasons you posted for going to Wildwood are the exact reasons we stopped going. Wildwood is more about getting drunk and partying plus the big presence of the Mother 1% club in the area. It is their national meeting from what I hear. OCMD is more about the bikes, Yes you have to ride most places but you can also stay on the boardwalk and walk to the bars at night

To each their own but My friends and I swore we would never go back to Wildwood for bike week, OCMD the following week is so much better in our opinion.

Fat_Boy (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 06:33 PM
kberger
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ROLLn1
I have gone every year for the past what is it 15years, Whew! I have met some Great Friends there,it has become kind of a reunion rally for me. Everyone is just having a Good time, I go to the Bars, and have Never had a Issue with Anyone. It's All Good Times, Good Music, Good People! Don"t Act a Fool, and you will have No issues with the Police. Go and have a Great Time!!
This is exactly it. Great event. Go have fun and don't act a fool and you will want to go back the next year

Old 08-16-2018, 09:17 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo4123
When you say overpriced rooms do you mean like 300 a night? I was checking rooms now and they are around 150-200. Any hotels you recommend? How safe is it there? Do people steal stuff from bikes? Should i bring a helmet lock? Do you see many outlaw clubs there? I am pretty psyched about going. Do you think riding solo is a bad idea?

solo is quite ok. Heck, I’ve done Sturgis by myself. I like staying in OC. We stay at the Howard Johnson’s on 24th st. Nice place. Not overpriced. Try that if you like. If you do, we’ll be riding three ultras and a trike. Give us a shout. Welcome to do dinner with us. I’ve never seen any clubs there.

Break your ride into 3-50 spurts. Take a half hour coffee break and stretch btwn each one. No need to get there in record time. Enjoy the ride

Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 PM
v-rodder
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are the big vendor areas? I believe PM is going to be at the convention center. This is my first trip. Been to Myrtle many many times. Looking forward to seeing OC!

Quick Reply: OCMD bike week 2018