Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

left turn signal gremlin

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:56 AM
bisache
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default left turn signal gremlin

I was adding a piezio siren to my factory alarm. I made the mistake of cutting all three wire at the same time without disconcerting the power fuse. Hooked everything up and had no alarm sound or couldn't start the bike. Tried going into the security pin code mode(on, off, on, off, on left blinker 3 times then the right) and saw my code. Didn't change it, just got out of that mode. tried to diagnostic mode and found nothing. Then realized it was the battery fuse and replaced.
Next I wasn't able to have either of my fob's talk to the bike so the alarm would keep going off. but eventually by trying different things with modes I got the bike to recognize the fobs.
Now the problem I'm at now my left blinker switch doesn't work and I cant get into the pin code mode. if I hold down the right turn signal and not touch the left it will put the warning flashers on, almost like the left is always pressed. I have also tuned the ignition on off three times and it make just the left blinker blink until I hit the right or tun of the ignition off. I don't know if its my security/blinker module.

Everything on the bike works except my left blinker and I can't get into the security pin mode or security reset mode. Any help would be much appreciated

Old 05-27-2017, 01:20 AM
bisache
Intermediate

Now I have some how put the bike in limp mode, got to go to bed before I blow it up. I held both flasher or maybe something else and now the bike wont turn over and neither blinker switch will work now. The alarm isn't functioning either and thats probably why the bike won't turn over. I'm starting to thing I'm in some kind of mode or my security/flasher module is bad.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:19 AM
bisache
Intermediate

Well woke up early to work on it and I removed the big fuse, then remove both plugs that go into the security module. Plugged the big one in and put the fuse back in and the alarm was armed but do anything to disarm. Took out the big fuse and put the little plug in and put back in the big fuse. The alarm now engages and disengages, the bike runs but the left still doesn't work. Everything I tested on the bike works except the left blinker now. Anybody have any these types of issues before.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:48 AM
bisache
Intermediate

solved my issues, It was the left turn signal switch. The switch was stuck on the on position, that's how I was able to get the hazards on with the right switch. I am now able to access the alarm pin code menu. I got the switch working put its on its last leg, need to get a replacement.