Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Rocker C/Breakout build

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 04:33 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

doing roller rockers 1.725 se rockers, and se rods, ordered 10 min ago, my builder said would work perfect that combo of lift on rocker!!!!

https://www.shoputahharley.com/produ...RoCSOIQAvD_BwE

NICEEEEEEE

THE SS I DIDNT LIKE, THIS ISNT WITH THE LIFT IM GETTING JUST A COMPARISON WHY I WENT WITH HARLEY SE ON THIS ONE, ALSO BUILDER SAID THERE STRONGER...
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rley-1984-2017

AND NOT SURE IF I WANNA GO OPEN BELT DRIVE, AS I KNOW WHEN I DO THAT AND GO CHAIN DRIVE ITS INVINCIBLE, THATS WHY YOU GO OPEN BELT, FOR THE CHAIN, OR JUST THROW ONE OF THESE IN THERE?https://www.shoputahharley.com/produ...sator-40100061

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-16-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:11 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Getting power Vision, And Target Tune Set up, Wired it all up 6 Hours Of OCD making it perfet,lol

the only sloppy thing here, is that wire we have thats zip tied backwards, big plug, does nothing????but I actually have 2 o2 sensor wires going thru there, and I pulled the front o2 sensor line out of spiral plastic tube, with I ordered chrome to replace, think will look cool ,lol

had a badlands illuminator in here also for breakout rear under fender led, and all custom dynamics led....so I had to do some serious house cleaning

clean work

cleaned o2 holes, and com pressed air to clean out...

had to put a hole in top of front upper voltage regulator on top, new Wideband clips are 4 times bigger than stock ones, so there is a screw push in lock on the clips, that you can secure in hole on frame , custom holes, I since this pic, colored grey security clip with black sharpie, ordering DK Customs front chin spoiler w/vent, will look cleaner, and I wanted one anyway, this was only places with the target tune, you need to connect the ends of old o2 sensors that go to ecm, to intercept, and

thats the clip I colored, anyway real clean and secure for now.....

I looped a lot of the target tune wiring up top you can see it, I hid EVERYTHING, ALL THE OTHER CLIPS ETC, I might need a new rear o2 sensor, when I get with rear, I'm lowering oil. tank as since I put the lithium battery in there, MORE REAL ESTATE, so I can slide under that gap, the plugs to big to make it under that 1' gap!!!, but I have a perfect spot of front to park that clip....

narrow band versus Wideband WHAT A DIFFERENCE

AGAIN NARROW VS WIDE, KEEP IN MIND MY BIE HAS LIKE ONLY 4K MILES, BOTH O2 SENSORS WERE CLOGGED REALLY GOOD, SO IF ANYONES using tuners, you might want to change them out, even if you don't have a tuner, the ecm cannot possibly get a accurate reading from them, this pic was after cleaning with denatured alcohol and other chemise, as I have friends w /rockers and if worked, was gonna pass this TIP on to them, like I am to anyone here, see when I do a build thread, its not just look at me,

WHEN I find a problem I tell my fellow rocker c/harley riders of problems,Not just a show off thread, hope I help people out, even if its one guy, if I read my thread, id be looking into the Timken Dual row bearings, not bad 47$ a pop, but they are literally twice the size of your bearings in your wheels now, you'll have to have someone machine the spacer thats between the 2 bearings!! thats how harley makes it look like there filling the gap intended for bearings, so cheesy, and to know they've had a problem, and I know for sure there still using the cheap single row china crap bearings , its terrible?

I hope the NEW bikes they address things like this, and go Wideband, my lord, the Wideband reads out the side like the stock narrow, and out the top, and holes are way bigger to read better, I mean they make the 18mm bung holes? thats what there for, doesn't make sense, the more I tear into this bike, the more lil things!

Most Importantly, SLOP!!!! OMG THANKYOU MR LOCKOUT ROCKERS.....

you may or may not have a tapping harley, but I've heard MANY AND I COULDN'T RIDE A BIKE LIKE THAT, IT WOULD DRIVE ME NBUTS HEARING THAT TAP, SO THERES A SCREW THAT GOES THRU EXAUST SIDE OF ROCKERS, I MEAN YOU CAN LITERALLY, MOVE IT SIDE TO SIDE? WTF HARLEY, makes no damm sense to me, and if its not the rocking, I've heard from a few engine modders, it helps the longevity off the rockers them selves and adjoining parts,, as they run true,With the Rockouts!! and you run less risk of a hairline crack, which leads to disaster, 19$ EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THESE IN THERE ENGINE!!!, I was there when my mechanic put them in, I couldn't believe my eyes, and $19???? **** people would pay $100!!! This is what I mean about HELPING,

I think the better build threads, guys point stuff out,Help others, I mean we all love eye candy, I'm not saying showing off your build is bad, hell I'm doing it every chance I get, my wife don't appreciate it, so if someone does, makes me feel a lil better about the assault on my wallet!!!! LOL<

And I have seen quite a few, that they do just that, show n tell, and point problems, out, hell if every build thread guys pointed lil things out, that they find out are not special to there bike, AKA LEMON!!! YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR BROTHER AND SISTERS OF 2 WHEELS, not jus look at me?we all have bikes, we all spend $$ maybe some more than others ,

WHO CARES, I LOVE TO RIDE, AND IF I CAN HELP YOU BE SAFER, OR IMPROVE ON A HIDDEN DISASTER, OR CLOGGED O2 SENSOR, IMMA CALL HARLEY OUT ON THIS!!!! so yea guys/gals, change ur o2 sensors, you'll be glad you did!! Pull the front one, thats easy enuff to do, and you tell me how it reads ANYTHING!!!! HERES HOW EASY IT IS, THE BOX /Lid directly below oil filter, over voltage regulator, has a clip top, open it unplug your o2 sensor its all right here !

I imagine that performance should pick up nicely, as it can read and keep you in your intended range, as good as a narrow band open loop can, wide band has a WAY BROADER RANGE OF FINE TUNING, THATS whats superior about those style tuners,i spent a week, I don't know how many hours, reading and reading, than it was what can I work with, I think theres many nice ones, the TTS for example, for for a guy like me, or anyone who cannot use/run a dyno, I don't see a purpose for that, for you, as I didn't see making adjustments easy at all, its PC programming all the way,Im sure it may be superior to others , a tad more, but to me, I like to tinker, and be able to locate , read, and understand whats going on, I don't wanna go home, plug into a laptop in my garage, and scroll thru mountains of programs,lol....if you check parameters its quite a difference, like my OLD FP3 was like 3 points up or down IF THAT on AFR, and you can put manual numbers in BOX BY BOX, problem there is after talking with V7H when you go outside, the narrowband sensors or the tuner wont see you, thats risky business.,

this is rear new Wideband, I didn't remove exhaust and I should of I damaged the bottom with a basin wrench, I'm sorting this out else where but you see how wires just 'disappear' LOL
Anyhow on the Wideband, not only does it have a larger parameter to tune with, our bikes DO GO way out there, a lot of these 'easy' tuners, really don't do much, after reading, and talking, and learning, never again, even for a pipe and intake, the performance might only be a ill gain,oir not??

It's not just the Wideband, but theres tuners that run in a complete closed loop, like my 2 tuners do in tandem here, now this opens a whole world of tuning, spark advance, voltages at o2 sensors, etc, its keeps it all I check, ALL THE TIME CONSTANTLLY, I just run 3 auto tune sessions on advanced, which brings a menu, and I select I have wideband, this auto tune is like have a dyno on your bike tuning at all times, more or less!!

It adapts so many times per second to keep tune that I had tuned into my target tune and my power vision, so after those 3 lil quick auto tunes, all that does is speed up the process, dyno a bike takes over a day, if they do it right, so <3> 20 minute sessions to get me close enough that, every ride I will literally 'feel' bike getting sweeter and sweeter...hence, worth the money, I mean if not for the performance, how about a PERFECT bill of health for my motorcycle, all the time, and if a problem arises, it will alert me, and I'll address, how cool is that, I don't have to "search for a problem" once I hook up the power vision, say after I have it where I'm satisfied,Which feel ill do maybe once every 2 weeks,, just to SEE my front AND rear AFR'S running DEAD ON EVEN, you tube it, insane!!!!

And I can see my spark for front and rear as well 4 slots in some screens , some more,, several different menus to view all sorts of data so actually, the 30 parameter screens or too I can tune , I can place them all on a different platform, hit a button, and SEE REAL TIME WHAT MY BIKES DOING all the time, I think thats worth the price of admission alone, ok DYNO JET ID LIKE MY COMMISION CHECK MAILED TO TOM M;,,.,.,. lol...ok I get carried away,

It's just I've learned and am learning every day exactly what these tuners/dyno's do, and honestly, dyno a bike, is for the paper numbers, what I have is plenty for me, I know ill be covered all the time...when I pulled my 2nd set of plugs from my fp3 tuner, the rear cylinder was super rich, BLACK plugs, front running lean??? called v&h they directed me this route, so I have much respect for the company, and there employees, they really tried hard with me to get it to work optimum, just can't do it, and they would have to tune by changing a box at a time, Which would take them god knows how long, so when they adjust your auto tune, its a BOX here n there at certain RPM"S, NOT WHAT I WANT????

I can tune my bike by way of a grid, like a dyno readout, simply pulling and dragging, and it shows where I am, and it stays there, and I drag here or there, IF I CHOOSE TO, I don't have the skills of guys like Jamie from Fuel Moto etc...ill work off and ride there tunes, there the pro's!!!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-19-2017 at 06:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

uhhh yea, speedo HAS TO GO ASAP!!!!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-19-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:01 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

THIS WAS OPEN WHEN I INSTALLED THE BREAKOUT FENDER, SO I INSTALLED THE BREAKOUT, SPLASH GAURD?

Old 09-19-2017, 07:05 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

back to the o2 sensors I found these, only 4k miles, and the guy before me, was some rich dude who had a bunch of look at me bikes, unfortunately for me, he didn't 'hook' this one up at all...lol. but he rides around his development and thats it, they had service records every year, all oils, etc, etc, look at these....still not wanting to change them out/

exactly where does it sample the exhaust gasses? thru what holes?????

Now talking with people in the know, it might not be only terrible sensors, but these need to be mounted on a slant, theres a percentage table somewhere, moisture build up and can seal them as well, like stated earlier, I cleaned that one with tiny breathers real good, now you can see the before, that was the DAY AFTER!!!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-19-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:46 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

there no comparison, anyway, this is my ocd, if anyone goes lithium, i tried the schumacher, battery tender, deltram, as i have the largest lithium currently on market 480 cca battery tender aka deltram,i had a battery tender lithium charger, lasted a week, i didn't even take pics as i didn't think a charger was such a big deal, well it is, especially with lithium, when i had my hobby shop, i learned alot about lithium,lipo4 and such cells, ,years agooo, to the point where they couldn't get hot, explosion and fire was unreal, just you tube, lipo battery fire, you'll see what i mean, overcharging yielded the same results, you tube, overcharging lithium batteries, boom, so yes when it came to chargers i am picky,

i have 1k hobby lithium chargers, which i had to use, as i made a repair during week, usuing blue leds, under tank. And did several, flashes with dyno tune, i didn't know, but that takes alot of power...anyhow brings me here, this schumacher had good reviews etc, but after the charge , i wasn't settled with the "maintenance mode" i found out, it actually trickles, which is terrible for lithium batteries, i put my fluke on, did a hold, in rush measurements etc......i knew i had to move on

well i found a forum,
where similar to audiophiles, theres battery freaks, that do the same i did, you knew???? And more....

So along came the genius charger, theres several models, that do several different things, the one i chose was perfect for my application, keeping my $300. Lithium battery tip top, for years to come....well its "maintenance " mode, is truely that, it constantly monitors, and when needed, doesn't go into a "float mode" like others or trickle, actually, starts with low low amps, making its way up to a even lower amp, or half a amp i should say, tha idle....i monitored 3 days, now i bring it to you guys, if going lithium, ill save you $$$ and lots of headaches, as the "other" offerings on market will, in some time, without. A doubt, 100 percent destroy, or shorten that lithium battery by as much as 75 percent, yes,

for the unbelievers i can forward you to, guys that dedicate themselves to testing,, and being right, and i trust these guys, not many people ill put my trust and $$ on, especially when it comes to my baby, theres 2 on this forum, and a bunch of unknowns on this battery thread, which these guys, don't just test 12 voltt motorcycle batteries, there everything and anything lithium liupo, or lipo4 etc.....

MY COLLECTION, MINUS THE BATTERY TENDER VERSION, SOLD SAME DAY,LOL

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:52 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

EASY TO USE...

NEED CONNECTOR

IT DID COME WITH A CHARGE SETUP FUSABLE CONNECTOR, W/BATTERY TENDER STYLE CONNECTOR, I USED THE GENIUS BRAND AS HEAVY DUTY GOLD CONNECTORS, MUCH BEEFIER THAN THE BATTERY TENDER,, MADE FOR LITHIUM....

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-23-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:16 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

THEY SAID I CANT MOUNT THE POWER VISION ON 1 1/2" BARS, LOL, DAMM I WISH I GOT IT CHROME, OF COURSE I WAS GONNA MOUNT IT!!!!, WELL I HAVE WIRE PERMANENTLY RUN ALONG CHASSIS CENTER LINE, AND IT COMES OFF AFTER AUTO TUNING,

WHICH WAS A PLEASURE, I HAVE 2 TUNES, DYNOJET GAVE ME ANOTHER "RIDE OUT" RICHER TUNE, STILL FAST AS ALL, JUST THE OTHER IS LIKE, WHEN I WANNA GO ALL OUT, IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD MY CAMS COME ON AT 2500 AND NOT THE BOTTOM!!!!....MY MOTOR SUCH A BEAST, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DRIVE THRU TOWN,TRAFFIC, TURNS ETC,

I CRANK IT A LIL MORE, GET INTO 2500 AND ITS ON, THE CAM COMES ON LIKE A HAIL STORM,, WELL THE WHOLE MOTOR DOES, I ONLY DID 2 AUTO TUNE SESSIONS ON TOP OF :RICH" TUNE, AND I WAS SMILING EAR TO EAR, HOLY CRAP, WHAT A MOTOR PEOPLE!!!!!THANK-YOU AGAIN SCOTT FROM HILLSIDE GLAD I TRUSTED YOU

THE POWER IS EXACTLY WHERE I WANT IT, I UNDERSTAND NOW, WHY HAVING A CAM FROM THE BOTTOM ALL UP WOULDN'T WORK, I BE JERKING THRU TURNS, MST LIKELY DUMP BIKE, I MEAN ITS SO DAMM FAST AS IT IS, BUT WHEN THAT CAM COMES ON, REMINDS ME WHEN I WAS A KID W/2-STOKE DIRTBIKE, WHEN THAT "POWERBAND" KICKED IN , WELL ON STEROIDS, I CAN FEEL THE CAM, AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHEN IT FALLS OUT, LIKE 6K, ANYMORE IS RIDICULOUS!!!

WHEN IN 2-3RD GEAR IF I HIT 6K, IM DOING 100 MPH,WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!!!, MOTORS INSANE!!!!!RODE WIOTH BUDDYS AND HIS ZX-11 NORMALLY HE PULLS PAST ME LIKE IM STANDING STILL. WELL HE CAN DIP IN AND OUTTA CARS BETTER , OK, BUT WHENN WE HAVE OPEN ROAD, ITS NOT LIKE IT USED TO BE, MATTER FACT HE WAS CHASING ME PLENTY, AND IM NOT CLOSE TO BREAKING IN!

DID 3RD OIL CHANGE TODAY, SUPPOSED TO GO 50/200/500/1000MILES, I DID 50/150/225/300 LOL, EVERY-TIME, THERE WAS PARTICLES OF METAL, AS MY RE-USUABLE FILTER HAS THE MAGNET AND OIL PLUG, I ALSO USED LUCAS MOTORCYCLE BREAK IN OIL, I SWEAR BY IT, I SET RINGS QUICK, AND BIKE IS SO DAMM FAST, AND I DONT BREAK 250, AND WAS HOT AS HELL TODAY, AND THAT TOWN RIDING, HIGHWAY 200F NO ****!!! TUNER/MOTOR....THANKYOU!!

SO I GOT POWER VISION ON 1 1/2" BARS GO FIGURE...LOL

NICE AND NEAT,NOT DISTRACTING, PERFECT LOCATION

CHROME SUN GAURD, SO IT DOESN'T STICK OUT!

YOU GET TO ADD ADVANCED SIGNAL TO THE MANY GAUGES AND VIEWABLE CHARTS, AS TARGET TUNE WORKS OFF WIDE BAND SENSORS, GIVING ME ANOTHER 15 PLUS FEATURES TO MONITER...

I SWITCHED THIS RIGHT, F/R NEXT TO EACH OTHER, WHEN READ 100, ALL SENSORS ARE READING, WHEN I TURN POWER ON THE OTHER 2 READ THE 100, SOMETHING DYNOJET TOLD ME, TO MAKE SURE TARGET TUNE IS WORKING 100 PERCENT!!NICE!!

A COMPLETED AUTO TUNE,,,,UMMMMMM YEA ILL EGT THERE, NOT!!! HAHAHHA I THIBK THIS WAS AFTER A DYNO TUNING....I HAVE MORE THAN HALF RED THO, SO TOMORROW GONNA FINISH THE RICH ONE, THAN HIT UP JAMIES TUNE, MY LORD, I CAN BARELY HNG ON TO THIS ONE...YOU FEEL CHANGES ONCE YOU FLASH AUTO TUNE TO MAP, WHICH YOU DO AFTER EACH SESSION, SO YOU GEEL BIKE GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND FASTER, ITS CRAZY

THATS HOW IT STARTS OUT, ALL GREEN,,,AND STAYS LIKE THIS TILL THAT RED ONE, WHICH IM SURE ILL NEVER ATTAIN, NO NEED TO, THE TARGET TUNE WILL GET ME THERE, AFTER I KEEP RIDING, IT GETS TUNING TILL, ITS SETUP LIKE THIS RED SCREEN, AND MAINTANES IT, ITS GOT COLD AY NIGHT, BIKE RAN SAME AS WHEN WAS HOT AS ****, HAD TO STOP FROM FIRST AS SON HAD 3 HOUR FOOTBALL GAME, THAN THAT A LIL FAMILY TIME, THAN WENT FOR ANOTHER AUTO TIUNE TILL 1130...LOL, TOMORROW I PLAN TO GET BACK AT IT, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE

JAMIES TUNE!!! I WILL BE ABLE TO LIFT FRONT WHEEL OFF GROUND!!, DEFIANTLY ABLE TO BURN THE REAR TIRE, IF I HELD FRONT BRAKE, I PLAYED WITH IT, TIRE BROKE RIGHT LOOSE THE POWER IS INSANITY!!!, AND I DID ALL NEW BRAKES AND TIRES LOL, BEST BRAKES, NOT SURE WHAT BRAND, BUT THERE THE ONES....LOL

Old 09-24-2017, 12:16 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

I use that same charger on my Yuasa AGM... works great.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click HERE For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sportsters

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-24-2017, 12:18 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

TAKE IT HOME, OR HAVE IT DELIVERED BETTER YET...HAHAHHA

Quick Reply: My Rocker C/Breakout build