My Rocker C/Breakout build - Harley Davidson Forums

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

My Rocker C/Breakout build

P

Old 06-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Senior Rider
Smile My Rocker C/Breakout build

Figured id start my own thread now that I've dumped some blood sweat and tears into her, and I am going a lot farther, and with the help of guys like Rocker B , this wouldn't be possible, so heres a public Thankyou Brotha!!
THE BEFORE, REAL CLEAN START

Name:  ROCKER%201_zpsyaexgftf.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  223.0 KB
Ok so it's a 2008 Rocker C I bought with 2600K miles, it was a guy in NY who apparently had lots of money, and Harleys,think salesman said 12 of them, hence low milage, not a single scratch, yet every year, he had oils changed, etc etc, and supposedly starts alll his bikes and just takes for a ride around his plush neighborhood,at least 2 times a month. So I had a great bike to start with.
Its going to have a lot of breakout added, reason I didn't get a breakout, as 9 years ago I fell in love with this bike, this color, etc, and was told NO, by the boss. so lets start with some pics

here she is, the blue one, I just happen to have a good friend with a black one, here, she's basic, Vance and Hines Big Radius Pipes, Screaming Eagle Intake, FP3 Tuner, All Kuryakyn ISO Line, Grips, Spear Bar ends, Foot Pegs, Brake Pad, Extended Shifter 1", Also passenger ISO pegs, in garage as wife said shell never go on bike ,OK? in these pics I also did the Sprocket/Gear MOD ,72 Sprocket,30 main gear I believe? Mod a sticker on here as we'll.Danney Grey Seat W/Blue Flame Stitching.I did most of this first month I had, than came winter.

Also had to get these custom Spikes As rockers have oval Bolts to hold on wheels, so this company makes a insert, than you can catch with Allen screws.Front And Rear I Did.These guys did them, and there the Only guys that do them right, Breakout as well Top Down Productshttp://www.topdownproducts.com/html/spinners.html
next page.,.,,.,,

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_7742_zpsvwtknzxy.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  22.3 KB
AND MY BIKE DOES NOT TAP ANYWHERE NOT ON LEFT SIDE , NOWHERE!, I WAS TOLD I WAS VERY LUCKY??? Are rockers known to "tap"?

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Senior Rider

Led Headlight Octane Lighting, works amazing,I Just recently installed the DK Products 1 1/2' front tank rise, with S.S. Fuel tubing, and SS clamps, as well as there 158 Inserts,removed baffles, and installed the wave 158's...working on a auto. tune as I write, I will post pics for everything as I work on this page, I just wanted to get it off the ground, as there might be other guys wanting to do some custom work that I did, not knowing if it will work, or maybe have ideas for me???

Also Kuryakyn Side mount License Plate holder w/LED, the nice one, w/leds hidden, you have to buy mount separate...worth every penny!!..
OK so I had removed my stock fender as the Danny grey was popping me up every bump now that seat was lowered into frame, rides better, just no comfort, So I have a Stock Breakout Rear Fender, The Harley Struts and all the goodies to mount it up, Had it custom painted, and heres the work in progressKuryakyn
had to cut front "nub" to fit two side lever mount on seat, also had to remove that front metal clips well as shim the clips to fit down low Behind the struts So you can't see them,
all new Grade 8 Chrome Hardware throughout Fender install..

I will have closeups of art, as the eyes, I have red LEDS that are going to pop in red eyes in skull, Run/Brake....working on now, will post progress pics as I go...Bikes Getting LEDS Everywhere, and Badlands modules, as Harley did the electrical 6volts? on the molex connectors shrink-wrapped 4" from connector, theres something in there, what ever it is, takes the 12V down to 6V?? WHY HARLEY?????
sideview and not straight on and the front l
LEDS are BRIGHT!!!
Im also placing Blue LEDS , Where no one can see them or the wiring, this is tricky, I have two bars in these pics, took off tank, stuck them both up high ,both sides, and I'm placing two more lower tonight, I used a battery tender 7.5 fuse and the lead for the positive, and I have a neat hidden chrome switch, pretty trick, as I asked several people to find the LEDS "Harley owners!" haha

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Senior Rider

Just finished a Complete Redline Trans, Amsoil Primary, And a standard REDdline oil change, alll looked good, heres "old oil" bought bike last year, so this is the trans oil after I took over, not bad id say?

another work in progress I will add close ups, didn't realize pics would be so small..
LOOKS 3D IN PERSON everyone goes to feel if its a sticker haha

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Road Warrior

Bah can't see photobucket shots at work.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Senior Rider

Maybe these will be better, I will be adding as I go, first time doing a thread like this, bear with me..
Did I mention I did a lot of work at first WITHOUT ONE OF THESE?????? I ALWAYS LEARN THE HARD WAY!!
Paint Shops pics to me, when he FINALLY answered my calls!!!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Senior Rider

working on re doing pic, please be patient

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Senior Rider

Danney Gray Seat W/Blue Stitching

Some Hidden LEDS

I Also Put On the Rounded, not the Flat Harley Chrome Frame Inserts, there 2 on each side, back where pipe is you can see top one, its like Harley had that space Perfectly flat, and just happened to come out with a option that fits dead on, and looks great LOL

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Senior Rider

Another Black Rocker C I Ride With, he has some good mods, the Fuel Moto 107, which is really like a 110, the complete kit, which I will be doing as well..

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Senior Rider

DK 1 1/2'' tank risers in front. Also installed Stainless Steel Fuel Tubing As well as clamps, they look a lot cleaner than plain ol band iron style clamps that WILL rust., bigger clearer pics will come

I grinned front "Nub" off where seat gets bolted to frame on both sides, in order to hide the seat fasteners Behind the Struts, came out very clean....

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Senior Rider

So heres removing stock baffles, if you look to the right center, you can see the DK Customs 187 W/Wave inserts, doing a auto tune now, than sending to vance for them to tweak, as instructed...

Also nice shot go the Top Down Products, THE ONLY company that makes correct covers for wheel bolts, unless you want the basic Harley square or whatever they are, this company has these spikes, Spinners,Not cheap, but worth checking out..

Also a nice pic of the 72Tooth Sprocket,As I did the 72/30 Mod, BTW the stock Seat, Gears,Sprocket,im going to be listing ALL the parts I took off, including the rear fender, real cheap, rims will be on there soon etc...I have 2 listing so far..

CHECK OUT THE FOR SALE FOR TAKEN OFF PARTS!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 06-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.

P