Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ST Deluxe Headlight/Passing Lamp Adjust ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
bodhijames
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST Deluxe Headlight/Passing Lamp Adjust ??

Hi All,I need to get the headlight and passing lamps adjusted on my girlfriend's new 05 Deluxe. We're still waiting for the service manual to come in and my searches have come up without much help. The headlight and passing lamps aren't even close to where they need to be aimed. I pulled the trim ring off expecting to find the horizontal and vertical adjustments, but alas just three screws holding the light in place. It was getting late last night but I did see a large bolt up under the triple tree. Is that what adjusts the light? If so, it looks like that would need to be loosened and then rotate the headlight assembly. If so, any tips on getting in there to do it?Passing lamps....I have no idea so any suggestions would be welcomed.thanks!

Old 05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: ST Deluxe Headlight/Passing Lamp Adjust ??

The Hedalight sits on a small metal block and is bolted under the Tripple tree like you said. If you loosen that you can adjust side to side. The other bolt goes through the metal block and allows up and down adjustments.

The passing lamps I think just can be moved by grabbing each one and pivoting it. I don't think thereare any bolts to loosen.

Mike
NY