Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner seat worth it?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
07fat_boy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner seat worth it?

I was at the dealership earlier today looking at seats for my '07 Fat Boy, and I'm really liking the Sundowner...especially since it looks just like the stocker from the side and will match the sissy bar pad I just bought. So, from those of you that have one, is it worth the money?

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM
1st HD
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the sundowner deep bucket seat on my Fat Boy and love it. I can ride all day without problems.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't get past the looks of it. Not a good looking seat IMO. Check out the C&C Seats

Old 11-03-2008, 07:06 PM
justmealwatts
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I like mine on my mostly stock 02 FatBoy. I'm 165 lbs. It's basically the same shape as the stock seat. A little more cush for a passenger. Puts you into a little bucket seat, kind of. Feels good. You can take a chance and save some $$$ by looking on eBay or Craigslist. Buy one, try it, if you don't like it, sell it.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a Sundowner for when my wife rides with me, which isn't very often. The stock passenger pillion that goes with the SE Fat Boy is very small and according to my wife very narrow,hard and uncomfortable.
I was concerned that the Sundowner would alter my seating position enough so my handlebars wouldn't fit properly. I can't tell the difference. The only thing I notice, except of course for the cushier padding, is I can feel the side of the seat, against the inner part of my legs, when I come to a stop and put my feet down. It isn't much but I don't feel the SE seat at all touching my inner legs when my feet are down.
When I first got the Sundowner I left it on my bike for about 3 weeks, so I would get use to it. When I switched back to my SE seat it felt like it had zero padding. When I sat on it in the garage it was like sitting on concrete. I didn't think I would make it down the block before I would want to put the Sundowner back on, but once I got rolling the SE seat felt fine. I actually prefer my SE seat, when I ride solo.
Tom

Old 11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

Here is a picture of the Sundowner on my bike. I read a lot of good reviews on the Sundowner, or I would never have thought about getting a HD seat. Mine is the smooth model, so it doesn't have the laces on the side. I got it purely for the wife's comfort and was not that concerned about how it looked. I don't think it looks too bad, for a big ,wide padded seat.
Tom

Attached Thumbnails Sundowner seat worth it?-medallion-019.jpg  
Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
Here is a picture of the Sundowner on my bike.
Tom
Tom that bike is really sweet!!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
Here is a picture of the Sundowner on my bike. I read a lot of good reviews on the Sundowner, or I would never have thought about getting a HD seat. Mine is the smooth model, so it doesn't have the laces on the side. I got it purely for the wife's comfort and was not that concerned about how it looked. I don't think it looks too bad, for a big ,wide padded seat.
Tom
man i really like your bike

Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

I appreciate the complements.
Thanks
Tom

Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 AM
OOORAH
Intermediate

On another thread titled "Most comfortable seat for a Heritage",just a few threads up from this one---- the MUSTANG seat is acquiring all the votes as being the most comfortable.
I have a Sundowner seat and thought I had the best until I started reading the other thread. Seems as though the mileage between pit stops that I considered good with my Sundowner, is nothing compared to stop distances with a Mustang seat !
Take a look--the Mustang is a hands down favorite. Even changed my mind (hard headed as I am)

Last edited by OOORAH; 11-06-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sundowner seat worth it?