Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have a fatboy with forward controls?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone have a fatboy with forward controls?

I own a 2009 FatBoy FLSTF. I can't believe how much trouble I'm having getting info from the manufacturers of forward controls. I'm looking at Performance Machine, Accutronix, and Arlen Ness +2" or +3" forward controls. (I'm a tall guy). A sales agent at Accutronix said their's won't work because they hit the front fender, so they are out of the mix. I'm told I might need a kickstand assembly from a 2006 to make the PM ones work. Their sales guy didn't know that, but the tech guy thought so. Apparently the Ness ones require a kickstand assembly from an '07, but they have not responded to my emails, and their website makes no indication of whether they include the foot & toe pegs with their kits. ANY SUGGESTIONS? ANYONE? I'm just looking for a complete "bolt-on" kit for a stock 2009 FLSTF. I realize I might need to have a brake line fabricated, and that's ok.
I just got off the phone with Ness. Very disappointed, and no further ahead. I was unable to get anything other than "$99" for the kickstand kit, (but was not sure if that included the actual "stand" or just a mounting bracket)..... and was told pegs are not included, but was unable to determine whether it would hit the front fender, similar to what Accutronix told me about their kit. Hmmmmm, my search continues......

Thanks in advance J.R.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Chief X
Former Sponsor

We had a set of HHI on an 07 Fatboy and they were awesome. I can verify if they will fit your bike tomorrow at work.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what about harleys forwards, look on ebay for em i had some got em cheap, i have accutronix, on mine now but i also have a 4 degree tree. but seems like there was a guy on here a while back that had accutronix on his 07 fb. dmac sumin i think was his name

Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by Chief X
We had a set of HHI on an 07 Fatboy and they were awesome. I can verify if they will fit your bike tomorrow at work.
Hey thanks..... what's "HHI"?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by brianp25
what about harleys forwards, look on ebay for em i had some got em cheap, i have accutronix, on mine now but i also have a 4 degree tree. but seems like there was a guy on here a while back that had accutronix on his 07 fb. dmac sumin i think was his name

The Harley forward controls don't move them "forward" enough in the sense that I'm looking for +2" or +3". The Harley ones also look cheap.... like stamped plate steel. The P.M. ones look like they are high quality.

What is a 4 degree tree?

Is that a Bobtail fender on a FatBoy you have there? Is it a 200mm rear tire? It looks sweet. Also, I like your tank panel there.... I was gonna get that one, but I ended up getting this one. (see link)..... it was a tough decision, as I like them both. My stock seat needs to be wedged on. It's a terrible fit, so I have a LePera coming that has a provision carved away in the front for the panel. That's good though, because I'm not too keen on the "Spanish-Lace" theme on the newer FatBoys anyways.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by JR Ryder; 02-05-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.hawghalters.com/index.html
hhi is hawg halters inc. theres the link

Old 02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Chief X
Former Sponsor

Question answered about HHI so now you know! If you see anything on their website you like, PM me and I'll get back to you with a price and confirm that they will fit the 09.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Chief X
Former Sponsor

a couple of photos.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
steamfitter
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what I have on my bike, they are Performance Machine. I am 6'1" and they work great for me and no issues with hitting the fender.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just when i thought i was done you guys have to bring up the forward control issue... i have beeen looking and waiting for an excuse to bolt them on the deluxe...
thanks guys

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a fatboy with forward controls?