Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Samson True Dual Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
saibaba
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>>malingerer

thanks so much for your feedback!
i definitely will not be wearing any shorts.
if you get a chance, please send pics to ..

Last edited by saibaba; 08-26-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Pics sent hope they help

Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
LFTD1
Cruiser

Anyone have any detailed pics as to how the shifter linkage is orientated? I installed per the instructions with the bent end of the shifter rod facing upward towards the rear of the bike, but I am having problems with rod hitting the top of the inner primary cover.

No matter how I adjust the length or angle it still seems to hang up and is causing the shifter to hang up when I down shift. Of course it didnt do this when the bike was cold, but once I rode for a little while it started doing it.

Any photos or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The linkage goes under the pipe:

Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior

Those are good pics, Joe. I've been asked a ton of times how the shift rod goes on. I've been able to explain, but a good pic goes a lot further.

And let me be the first to say,(at least on this thread) and I hope the Samson tech reads this, is while I love my pipes, their installation sheet is the worst I have ever seen, at least when I bought my pipes. It looked like a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc, etc. The pictures were just a black blob, and real tiny to boot. Not what I expect when I drop a fair amount of coin.

Having installed them, next time would be a breeze, but for someone who's just starting to mod their bike it seems a bit more daunting. Good instructions go a long ways towards easing that fear.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master

Thanks...sorry the chrome is nasty....300+ miler yesterday and haven't cleaned her up yet.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
LFTD1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
The linkage goes under the pipe:

Thanks for the pics...the bend in your linkage seems to sit quite bit further back. I will just have to keep adjusting until I get it right.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
LFTD1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Those are good pics, Joe. I've been asked a ton of times how the shift rod goes on. I've been able to explain, but a good pic goes a lot further.

And let me be the first to say,(at least on this thread) and I hope the Samson tech reads this, is while I love my pipes, their installation sheet is the worst I have ever seen, at least when I bought my pipes. It looked like a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc, etc. The pictures were just a black blob, and real tiny to boot. Not what I expect when I drop a fair amount of coin.

Having installed them, next time would be a breeze, but for someone who's just starting to mod their bike it seems a bit more daunting. Good instructions go a long ways towards easing that fear.
X2...

I agree when dropping that kind of coin you would think they would provide better instruction. The best instruction I found was on here and that was instructing to leave every thing loose when assembling.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LFTD1
X2...

I agree when dropping that kind of coin you would think they would provide better instruction. The best instruction I found was on here and that was instructing to leave every thing loose when assembling.
All of Samson's installation instructions can also be found on our web site www.samsonusa.com. we admit we do make copies of the original instructions instead of printing out the instructions every time. i think it is time for us to print the instructions instead of using a copy of the original. we apologize for the poorly copied instructions and will print new ones for now on. thank you for the heads up in helping us to help our customers.
thanks again,
JR

PS there is a lot of product out there with the copied instructions but as of today they will all be printed for clarity reasons.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
raynoslo
Novice

I bought a softail deluxe with this exhaust system already installed. I love it to say the least. The only problem that I have with it is the shift rod. It seams that the geometry of it makes it difficult to find neutral. I have no way to compare it as I didn't have any experience with the stock setup. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, any ideas on how to correct it?

Quick Reply: Help With Samson True Dual Installation