Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally done w/ the dash & coil

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:44 AM
rusty1200
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rail looks real nice - was definitely worth the time. Maybe time to get rid of the stock fuel guage and cap, maybe flushmount??

Old 03-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,323 Likes on 5,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Rail
In my mind this is the way it shoulda come from MOCO
That looks 100,000% better that stock. When I first saw a rocker with the goofy passenger seat stuck up in the air, I pointed and laughed out loud in the dealership. The rocker has more potential than any bike Harley makes, but the MOCO does not understand the DETAILS are what make it. I guess that just makes the aftermarket happy...OR at this point is Harley in bed with the aftermarket...and intentionally puts stuff on the bike that you will have to change.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty1200
rail looks real nice - was definitely worth the time. Maybe time to get rid of the stock fuel guage and cap, maybe flushmount??
Nope.. I like the retro look.. If I do anything with them I will do the Black Diamond caps. Too many issues with flush mounts..

Finally quit raining so I rolled it out and took a few mo better pics.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Rail
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
That looks 100,000% better that stock. When I first saw a rocker with the goofy passenger seat stuck up in the air, I pointed and laughed out loud in the dealership. The rocker has more potential than any bike Harley makes, but the MOCO does not understand the DETAILS are what make it. I guess that just makes the aftermarket happy...OR at this point is Harley in bed with the aftermarket...and intentionally puts stuff on the bike that you will have to change.
I actually liked the stock Rocker dash.. The coil/ign was another thing though.. I'd had the key ejected and stuck between the primary and eng at 2 am one too many times.. lol

Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks even better in the light
2 in the morning huh? BWA HAHAHA

Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, that is all i can say. wish i wasn't so afraid of wiring, i would definitely take this project on !!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Rail
Road Master

Thanks for the comments guys..

Alain.. Don't be afraid.. It's very straight forward.. Removing the gas tank is prolly the hardest thing.. You will need to have a die-grinder and some good bits to modify the stock coil mount and you'll need to be able to fab a mount bracket for the coil.. The rest is all in the service manual.. I'll give HD props for a simple to read wiring schematic..

Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 AM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

Nice mod. I still don't like rockers from the factory but you guys make them into some fine lookin' scoots!!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Rail
Road Master

Thanks.. To be honest, I really don't love any bike direct from the factory.. All of them need some love of one kind or another..

Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Hotwire
Tourer

Now that is an awesome mod... Maybe someone could look up the connector numbers and build a connector kit? that way its pretty much just plug and play. Ill go threw the thread and get the list of parts, and try to find some numbers. Later I will pick your brains for the wiring changes, and see if I cant do them in a small Swap Harness.

Thanks for the great Idea!! Mind if I post this over at FXCW.Org??

Quick Reply: Finally done w/ the dash & coil