Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by whitelightning
After 3 long (800+) mile rides on my 2010 Lo, I decided to change the bars to the 2012 Fatboy bars. Sat on one a few time and felt that the reach and width was a better fit. Got them from my local dealer and started the install Friday night. First order of business was to remove the tank. What a freakin' messy job! Needed a third (or fourth) hand to keep from spilling gas everywhere. QD's on the crossover might be a good idea Harley!Once I got the mess cleaned up and my nerves settled with a little single malt, I carefully documented the locations of everything and attempted to remove the turn signal pins from the flat 6 pin connector. NO go! Read the instructions in the service manual and here, but still no luck. Had another Scotch and decided to bag it for the night. When I woke the next morning, I remembered a diagram I found on a Buell site. Once I found it, the task became clear. 2 minutes later all was good. So,...drum roll please, here's the golden link. The other 2 connectors pins were easy. Unsnap the rear part of the connector, use a small pair of needle nose to pull the inner part of the connector forward, and use a paper clip to release the pins. Oh yeah, the bars are a huge improvement!
I am wanting to do the same thing. Did you use all of your stock cables? did you need to extend any wires?. Thanks

Old 08-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailrider 1
Comfort on long rides I would think. I loved my Lo, I just hated the ride after 5 or 6 hours, and I tend to ride all day 8 to 10 hours at a time.
2,800 miles? I just finished putting 4,768 miles on mine in 12 days. That number would be higher if I wasn't such a night owl. One of those days was spent putting on a new tire. No windshield, stock seat and stock boards except I added highway pegs. I didn't have any real concerns with comfort and like I said that number woulda been higher if I was a morning person.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Ockam
Tourer
Default New Two Tone Paint - sorry not a Black Betty

I just finished the latest mods to my Lo, Two tone Vivid Black and Flame Blue Pearl with silver pin striping. New Chrome Street Slammers and the new black Auxiliary lamps (sorry not a very good front shot of it.)

I had the V&H 2 into 1 put on this last winter.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0092.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0094.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0095.jpg  
Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Miked053
Supporter

Very nice!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM
bcrdb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ockam
I just finished the latest mods to my Lo, Two tone Vivid Black and Flame Blue Pearl with silver pin striping. New Chrome Street Slammers and the new black Auxiliary lamps (sorry not a very good front shot of it.)

I had the V&H 2 into 1 put on this last winter.
Beautiful! Very similar to the black/blue colors on my 04 Fat Boy, but your blue is even better. Did you get the paint done locally, or through H-D?

Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey fellow black bike riders...

I need a favor and I'm hoping you Lo guys can help me out???

What I need is a Hi Res picture of a Fatboy Lo tank emblem... As straight as you can take it that shows all the detail of the emblem.

I'm hoping you guys can help me... You can PM me if you have something please, thanks guys...

BTW I have 2 Matte Black derby cover sitting here in my shop just waiting for some custom engraing to be done to them, hit me up if interested!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
whitelightning
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I am wanting to do the same thing. Did you use all of your stock cables? did you need to extend any wires?. Thanks
Didn't have to change either the cables or the brake line, but did have to finagle the brake hose. All of the electrical lines are long enough as well. So far, I'm real happy with the swap. Not a radical change, but enough to be comfortable.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
turd fergussen
Tourer

Originally Posted by story808

What I need is a Hi Res picture of a Fatboy Lo tank emblem... As straight as you can take it that shows all the detail of the emblem.

I'm hoping you guys can help me... You can PM me if you have something please, thanks guys...

BTW I have 2 Matte Black derby cover sitting here in my shop just waiting for some custom engraing to be done to them, hit me up if interested!
Found this through google.. not very straight, pretty clear though.
Hope it helps... when I'm ready for my derby you're the first call.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Smile

nice looking emblen

Old 08-29-2011, 06:50 PM
F34R
Tourer

Originally Posted by story808

Here ya go:
http://www.irshell.org/hdf/flstfbtankemblem.rar

pm about the derby cover...

Last edited by F34R; 08-29-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners