Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Springer forks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 AM
kharne
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Springer forks?

Newbie (to HD anyway) here. I know someone locally selling a '95 Springer with some work done to it. For now I'm looking for a softail because I love the hardtail look, but I'm not at all a fan of the Springer forks.

Can someone give me an idea of how expensive and difficult it would be to replace them with something more standard? I don't want to rule out what might be a good deal on a bike because of something that can be changed, but I still have a lot to learn about the differences between models. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,893 Likes on 2,155 Posts
Default tried to pm

you but I don't think you have enough (10) post to pm.Anyway send me your phone to gordonp@southernpan.com I have a front end you might want to trade if you buy that bike. G.

Originally Posted by kharne
Newbie (to HD anyway) here. I know someone locally selling a '95 Springer with some work done to it. For now I'm looking for a softail because I love the hardtail look, but I'm not at all a fan of the Springer forks.

Can someone give me an idea of how expensive and difficult it would be to replace them with something more standard? I don't want to rule out what might be a good deal on a bike because of something that can be changed, but I still have a lot to learn about the differences between models. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:26 AM
kharne
Advanced

Looks like he might be asking more than I can spend right now anyway.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
tomcat1
Intermediate

The fxsts has 1 degree rake difference than the say an FLSTC. so I don't know if that makes a difference or will be an issue. without doing a major search, this is what I've found so far on changing springer rakes.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...te-or-two.html'

I'm sure the guru's will chime in shortly.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kharne

Shoot me a PM dude I have a 2008 49mm front end that i will trade straight across, providing the springer is good conditio.. if interested...No Pm option email jgutierrez10@***.net

Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 PM
jrjones
Tourer

If you take the springer front end of are you looking to sell it?

Old 04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
kharne
Advanced

Looks like I won't be buying it anyway, so it probably won't matter.