Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Deuce With Heartland 200 Kit - Picture & Details

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 AM
njdeucer
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Deuce With Heartland 200 Kit - Picture & Details

Hey guys - Im new here, and have an 03 Deuce I am putting the Heartland kit on. Now, I know some of you were looking into this kit, and wondered about it. This is not just a "Bolt On" kit like the Heartland sit says.

Modifications that needed to be done & general information:
• 200 Avon rear tire is the only tire that would work, because it was the most narrow 200 tire that would fit. Anything wider would rub.
• Since I did a 60 spoke rear tire, I had to change the pulley and rotors to chrome to match.
• Had to change the front tire to match the Avon, and also change the front 40 spoke to a 60 spoke. I didn’t want to do a 40 spoke in the rear because of the weight and would imagine a spoke would break after a year or 2 of riding / hitting bumps.
• The wheel in relation to the fender was off. It had to be brought over almost a half inch to be straight. The caliper on the right side was not permitting the wheel to come over, the bracket had to be machined to allow clearance.
• Had to order a progressive 422 adjustable shock because the fender sat to high off the tire (see picture above), it looks like a dirt bike up so high.
• Had to trim the inner fender. It was like 1/2" off the belt. 1 good bump and it would of cut the belt.
• Had to buy Heartland tail lights, and plate holder.

Last edited by njdeucer; 05-06-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 AM
DD82ndAA
6th Gear

If you could do it again would you? I have a 06 duece and was considering getting the same kit. How much did the kit run you? How much total do you have in the project after everything was said and done? Thanks for the info and help.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Heartland EZ Deuce 200. It bolted right on with bo problems. I have a 07 Deuce.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't 07 come with a 200 tire? I don't think the 03 and 07 kits are the same.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master

that's a freakin rediculously huge gap between fender and tire. do they put a disclaimer on their site about that?

Old 04-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Slopneck
Road Master

You gotta take care of the fender gap but other than that she is lookin' sweet!!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
train913
Tourer

Originally Posted by phrogflyer
that's a freakin rediculously huge gap between fender and tire. do they put a disclaimer on their site about that?
You just lower the bike a couple inches.

I have to say I've never really been into the duece but with the heartland kits they do look smokin.I think that is an awesome mod and would surely have one on my bike if I could afford it right now.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phrogflyer
Originally Posted by bradlytle
You gotta take care of the fender gap but other than that she is lookin' sweet!!

Couldn't agree more

Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
honkylips
Road Captain

My 180 kit bolted right up to My '02 fatboy. It's only common sense that there is going to be a fender gap on a softail bike, unless you rig the fender to the swingarm. Air suspension was my answer for that.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master

Originally Posted by train913
You just lower the bike a couple inches.

I have to say I've never really been into the duece but with the heartland kits they do look smokin.I think that is an awesome mod and would surely have one on my bike if I could afford it right now.
yeah, i get that the bike will have to be lowered, but my question was whether or not heartland makes that claim on their site or when purchasing the kit. the pics they post for advertisement do not show that gap. lowered bikes ride like garbage anyway and it's another expense that a buyer might not have anticipated when purchasing the kit to get that look that they advertise.

Quick Reply: 03 Deuce With Heartland 200 Kit - Picture & Details