Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have the Nostalgic Combo Speedo/Tach

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Splais1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have the Nostalgic Combo Speedo/Tach

I am wanting a tachometer on my heritage. Been looking at those mini tachs that mount on hndlebar clamps. but I just can't do it. to me it just doesn't look that good in the pics I've seen.

I've been looking at the nostalgic look combo speedo/tach that HD sells. Been trying to find a bike with the combo gauge on it, but no luck so far.

So if you've done this - changed out the primary gauge, could you tell me how it worked out. did you like the look, happy you did it. thanks.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:34 AM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I did what you don't want to do, I mounted the mini tach on the handlebars of my Heritage. It looks good, (to me) it matches the speedo, is easy to see day or night AND is made in the USA.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Splais1
Cruiser

by chance could you post a pic of it. The one picture I saw I based my comment off of was not very good. thanks

Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I can try and do a pic tomorrow evening, sure. Its the HD mini tach by the way, not an after market guage.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Splais1
Cruiser

yes, I was looking at the one that matches the speedometer.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:06 AM
rustyruss
Intermediate
Default Nostalgic comb speedometer

Hi,
I have a 08 road king and I installed the nostalgic comb speedometer and it looks great. Its the best mod. I have done.
It works good to.
You done won't to do a add on tech. it just does not look right.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:23 PM
dfndr
Road Master

Splais1, I was in the same place you are. But, I took a chance and went with the new digital speedo-tach combo. I was really worried about the looks on a Heritage Classic bike. It turned out well. It looks ok and I love the way it works. I had dealer install it on new bike but I think it is fairly easy DIY--I just didn't want to mess up wiring on new bike. The tach is very useful. I didn't want to break in my first Harley without a tach. This one is far less expensive but money wasn't the object here. I really like it now.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:17 PM
BenGurion
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:58 PM
McRider
Cruiser

I will never understand why the tach in not standard on softails. I like the nostalgia combo for my deluxe but at $449.00 I think it's a ripoff.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
sEEkEr
Advanced

Originally Posted by dfndr
Splais1, I was in the same place you are. But, I took a chance and went with the new digital speedo-tach combo. I was really worried about the looks on a Heritage Classic bike. It turned out well. It looks ok and I love the way it works. I had dealer install it on new bike but I think it is fairly easy DIY--I just didn't want to mess up wiring on new bike. The tach is very useful. I didn't want to break in my first Harley without a tach. This one is far less expensive but money wasn't the object here. I really like it now.
I ordered this from Zanotti's...$259 IIRC...I can't hear my bike at speed and always use a tach instead of a speedo....

Harley just needed the extra bucks.....

Quick Reply: Do you have the Nostalgic Combo Speedo/Tach