Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Module bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 07:10 PM
bbest71
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WARG
Mine ended up being a loose wire in the front left turn signal. I spent hours searching and found nothing. The dealer found it in an hour and allowed me to return the new TSM I bought from them. I have since replaced my front signals with a light bar and have had no more issues.
Did your front and rear left side turn signal stop working but the running lights worked? That's the problem I'm having on my road king..

The following users liked this post:
Bubba Elrod (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 01:06 PM
Bubba Elrod
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbest71
Did your front and rear left side turn signal stop working but the running lights worked? That's the problem I'm having on my road king..
Bbest71 Did you figure yours out, I'm having the same issue on my 99 Roadking

Old 08-31-2019, 11:29 AM
JSull27
Stage I
Default Right turn signal won’t stop blinking

I replaced my bars and when I got everything put back together my right turn signal won’t stop blinking! I can’t shut it off no matter what I do. If I hold down the left switch it turns on the hazards. It’s like the button is being constantly pressed. I tore it all back down and traced the wiring and saw no issue, so I went ahead and replaced the switch. That didn’t do it and I’m not sure what else I can check before having to think about replacing the TSM. Any help is much appreciated! Bike is a 99 Dyna Wide Glide.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:30 AM
Cadillacman
Stage III
Default No turn signals

My 99 FXDWG has front running lights and brake lights but no turn signals! I'm thinking the module is bad. Any other ideas?

Old 04-08-2020, 09:49 PM
TerryMcQ
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
Unplug it and plug the factory connections back in... I have had 2 go bad...
Y'all doing all this work....
Take it out of the loop... Then you will know...
I'm talking about the run/stop/turn module
That's added in to make the rear signals come on for other than just left or right turning.
Those things cost. 49.99 or so...,
Put it on yourself! Tajes 3 1/2 seconds, no tools...
Well maybe a quarter to undo your seat bolt...
in case you still monitor this thread—ever hear of that problem also causing bike to stall? I’ve got some recurring turn signal problem that I thought was fixed (belt guard was rubbing through wire harness because former owner crashed bike and bent passenger peg up which youcouldnt really tell to look at it but i figured it out after a while and because peg is where front of guard mounts, it put guard too close to wire harness and it rubbed on bad bumps) but lights are acting up again, only left turn signal so far but also the engine is stalling/dying after I ride it 50-80 mph for 40 minutes or more and then get into town riding and when I have to don shift for slower riding and/or when I have to stop for lights or signs it stalls/dies and sometimes it starts right back up or takes several tries cranking it for 5-10 seconds.

Old 09-01-2020, 04:38 PM
Robert Kunsman
Stage I
Question Robert Kunsman

I have A 98 Sporster 1200c turn signals quit working but four ways work any help do I need to replace module ?

Old 09-09-2020, 11:46 AM
bunkeru2k
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryMcQ
in case you still monitor this thread—ever hear of that problem also causing bike to stall? I’ve got some recurring turn signal problem that I thought was fixed (belt guard was rubbing through wire harness because former owner crashed bike and bent passenger peg up which youcouldnt really tell to look at it but i figured it out after a while and because peg is where front of guard mounts, it put guard too close to wire harness and it rubbed on bad bumps) but lights are acting up again, only left turn signal so far but also the engine is stalling/dying after I ride it 50-80 mph for 40 minutes or more and then get into town riding and when I have to don shift for slower riding and/or when I have to stop for lights or signs it stalls/dies and sometimes it starts right back up or takes several tries cranking it for 5-10 seconds.
Yes. My dad's 03 Heritage had one of the turn signal/tail light modules cause his bike to stall out when it went bad. Pretty sure his first one was aftermarket and he replaced it with Harley, which solved his issues.

Old 02-16-2024, 10:15 PM
RickiSG
Stage I

Originally Posted by JSull27
I replaced my bars and when I got everything put back together my right turn signal won’t stop blinking! I can’t shut it off no matter what I do. If I hold down the left switch it turns on the hazards. It’s like the button is being constantly pressed. I tore it all back down and traced the wiring and saw no issue, so I went ahead and replaced the switch. That didn’t do it and I’m not sure what else I can check before having to think about replacing the TSM. Any help is much appreciated! Bike is a 99 Dyna Wide Glide.
Did you ever get this working?

Old 02-16-2024, 10:30 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Ricki, welcome to the forum. It is very unlikely you will get a response from JSull27. You quoted his one and only post on the forum and the date of that post, 31 August 2019, was the date of his last activity here.

If you are having any problems, you can always start your own thread. If you do, mention the year and model of your bike and be specific in the details. Include any work, changes, modifications you or someone else may have done prior to the onset of the problem.

The following users liked this post:
blu92in99 (02-17-2024)