Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It all started with a Fat Cat !

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't have a negative comment I was just relating to you what a lot of people say. I also said that I hope you get a good tune. Don't get your panties in an uproar. You'll get the scoop first hand.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:56 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure his negative comment was about their work as much as how much money this is going to cost to scratch that itch.

Enjoy your NEW bike.

Beat me by 2 seconds.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dansax
Everyone I talk to says to stay away from Rosa's. Some of these guys race bikes and spend big bucks on them. I hope you get a good tune. Keep us posted on his service.
Just curious.Did they say why to stay away? Service ,prices,poor quality work? I as well have heard nothing but great things about Rosas.I have heard they are one of the best in the business. I don't live on the Island though. So I don't get the local scoop.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:47 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Just curious.Did they say why to stay away? Service ,prices,poor quality work? I as well have heard nothing but great things about Rosas.I have heard they are one of the best in the business. I don't live on the Island though. So I don't get the local scoop.
I ride with a group of over 20 harley owners atleast 15 of them have had work done by this shop everything from mild to wild without a single problem. Their machine shop is one of the most impressive I have ever seen. All machine work is done on premises. If I was going to build a bike to race this is the guy that would be doing the work. But im too old for that chit lol.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
Any of you who have read my prior post regarding the exhaust popping on decilaration after installing D & D Fat Cats last week know the start of the story.

The canned PVC map was usless. Jamie sent me a "custom map" which was terrible I went back to the canned map.

I decided based on the forum responses that a Dyno Tune was called for and I called Andrew at Rosa's Cycle Shop on Long Island who has the rep of being one of the best tuners on the east coast. Dropped my bike off this morning. After a long converstaion and not much prodding on his part I was talked into cams. Told Andrew what would make me happy and he said the only cams he would recommend are the Woods TW555. Soooo what started out as just a simple exhaust system upgrade $$$$$ LOL!

Will report the before and after Dyno results on wednesday!
Ha! "Not much prodding", huh?? Sounds to me like you wanted performance work done from the start. If you have the cash, I'd do more than just cams. Get your money's worth with labor cost.... Just sayin'... Good luck and keep us posted.