Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobil 1 Motorcycle Filters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
BlazingC5
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobil 1 Motorcycle Filters?

I'm doing my first oil change on the Deuce this weekend. I picked up some Mobil 1 V-Twin oil and found some Mobil 1 branded oil filters in chrome and black on the same shelf; part number M1MC-132. The price wasn't bad, around 12 bucks, so I picked up a filter.

I can't seem to find any information at all on the filter when doing an internet search. The only thing I can find is the Mobil 1 Parts catalog showing the filter.
http://www.showmetheparts.com/mobil/#

I guess this is a new product?

Old 04-01-2012, 12:15 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be a good filter, they are rated highly for cars.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool did not know they made them for our bikes. Mobil 1 makes a great product. But I just switched to Royale Purple in the bike and the truck. Has a better film strength score then all oils I found. Also the v twin oil is over kill you can run 20w-50 "car" oil in your motor. The v twin stuff is for bikes like the sportster where it's a one hole fill for those motors and it lubes the trans and primary. The bike bikes have the three holes for each motor,trans and primary.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:41 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

I use Mobil1 filters in my Vette. Gonna have to try the bike filter.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:53 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Dude, I googled Mobil 1 oil filter and a bunch of stuff came up. The one that caught my eye right away says DO NOT USE THE MOBIL 1 OIL FILTER. It cost the guy a motor and he was advised to never use one that they are a car filter and they do not have the right flow rate for a motorcycle. It also said if you have one on and your engine fails the dealer will void your warranty. I don't know how much of that is true but it was posted by a guy on another Harley web site forum. I would read before I put that sucker on. I use K&N oil fiters and only K&N oil filters. They may cost a few bucks more but when it come to the oil in my bike I will run nothing but the best. There are some things I will not try to save a few pennies on, my oil and oil filter is at the top of that lsit.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

Just stick with good oil and a HD filter.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many opinions on this, but since there are no real specs (micron and flow rate) on the Mobil 1 filter I would stick with H-D or K&N. And as for Mobil 1 V Twin oil it is not overkill at all it is perfect for the engine hole of your Deuce or any air cooled big twin for that matter.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:45 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

Sure it's fine but not needed, any 20w-50 oil or even 15w-50 oil will do. V twin oil is a marketing thing.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Thumbs up

i like harley parts

Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
BlazingC5
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Dude, I googled Mobil 1 oil filter and a bunch of stuff came up. The one that caught my eye right away says DO NOT USE THE MOBIL 1 OIL FILTER. It cost the guy a motor and he was advised to never use one that they are a car filter and they do not have the right flow rate for a motorcycle. It also said if you have one on and your engine fails the dealer will void your warranty. I don't know how much of that is true but it was posted by a guy on another Harley web site forum. I would read before I put that sucker on. I use K&N oil fiters and only K&N oil filters. They may cost a few bucks more but when it come to the oil in my bike I will run nothing but the best. There are some things I will not try to save a few pennies on, my oil and oil filter is at the top of that lsit.
That is not the same filter. The one I bought was a motorcycle filter #M1MC-132 specifically designed for motorcycles. Look it up in the link from my first post.

Read the post you referred to carefully, it is a discussion about using the M1 series like M1-102 or M1-103 (car filters). I agree I would not use those, but look at the part number I referenced.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Motorcycle Filters?