Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome swingarm or covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:50 AM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome swingarm or covers

I have a 2007 heritage and am looking to add some more chrome. I am looking at either a chrome swingarm or the full set of covers. Which is easier to keep clean and what are the pros and cons. Thanks

Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Cleaning would be about the same for either. The covers look like covers. They're nice for what they are, but they're still just covers. The chrome swing-arm is the real deal, and looks like the real deal. I have the covers on mine for now because they're cheap & easy. But plan to do the "real deal" next winter.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:25 AM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

I run the covers also; would agree with the previous post on cleaning...

Attached Thumbnails Chrome swingarm or covers-100_1582.jpg   Chrome swingarm or covers-dscn0027.jpg  
Old 08-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Chrome swingarm ally the way. This is my biggest desire, the the moment only. I think it is the number one mod you can do. Just my opinion.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:19 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the covers too. They do the job for me, but if you have the money chrome it

Old 08-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Shortmag
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine came with covers and I think they look fine-I wouldnt spend the money to have the whole thing chromed on my bike but thats me

Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am leaning towards covers as the cost would be cheaper and less time to install. But it would be nice to see some photos of some chrome swingarms as I can't tell from the few I have seen if you should chrome the boomerang too.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the covers with the led lights in them on my 07 deuce, loved how they looked and got a lot of compliments. Unfortunately the left side had to go due to my swingarm bag, so the right side is next when I find some axle covers. Chrome swingarms look nice, but the axle, spacers, and adjusters are still exposed, so unless you do chrome parts there, too, you're gonna have a sick chrome swingarm with plain Jane factory hardware.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sixshooter
I had the covers with the led lights in them on my 07 deuce, loved how they looked and got a lot of compliments. Unfortunately the left side had to go due to my swingarm bag, so the right side is next when I find some axle covers. Chrome swingarms look nice, but the axle, spacers, and adjusters are still exposed, so unless you do chrome parts there, too, you're gonna have a sick chrome swingarm with plain Jane factory hardware.
Good point. Put chrome apes on bike but the black vinyl cables had to go, the levers were next then the grips and my wallet drew the line at the switch covers. Winter, maybe????

Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Sheldon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the covers from Kuryakyn and I think they are just fine lot less money and a 1/2 hour job to install but I also added a solid chrome wheel and wheel spacers chrome caliper and polished roter and I did put on the real chrome pully not the cover

Quick Reply: Chrome swingarm or covers