Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Makes a Vicla?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:56 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

There was a hispanic low rider culture magazine called Vatos and Viclas. So there must be some gangster low rider history in the name Vicla as well. Since I'm a fat, bald, middle age Lawyer, I can't really give much input one way or the other. I just love the style.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
There was a hispanic low rider culture magazine called Vatos and Viclas. So there must be some gangster low rider history in the name Vicla as well. Since I'm a fat, bald, middle age Lawyer, I can't really give much input one way or the other. I just love the style.
LOL....
I think I am going that direction with my standard, but not sure if they give VICLA membership to FX front end with old hairless computer geeks

The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (03-05-2020)
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Forge
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vicla

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Big fan of the style also, especially the paint work. No expert here either, computer guy from VA...Don't really see this style in my area---about 2 hours west of bikerlaw (still see a lot of chrome and skulls). You see that style in your area bikerlaw?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Vicla style... You know it when you see it

Name:  59951A2E-BF90-4347-BD07-586EDEB5E73D-798-0000009F0A4515FD_zps3472e9e2.jpg
Views: 22725
Size:  77.8 KB

Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Forge
Big fan of the style also, especially the paint work. No expert here either, computer guy from VA...Don't really see this style in my area---about 2 hours west of bikerlaw (still see a lot of chrome and skulls). You see that style in your area bikerlaw?
I am right there with you with the custom hispanic paint work. Its true art. Oddly enough, I have seen a few Vicla style bikes around Richmond. I would bet a million bucks they are forum members!!! Still, the skull crowd dominates the south. By leaps and bounds.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 03-19-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
Most are going to be slammed with a 21" or bigger front wheel. Apes or beach bars. Cholos pipes.

Most, you will know as soon as you see them. Other's look like they are part way there.

I wouldn't consider either of your bikes Viclas... yet.
Oh, I wouldn't be so presumptuous to call mine a vicla, just curious what people's prerequisites are.

The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (03-05-2020)
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion its not a Vicla if you arent a Viclero...and if you cant give someone directions to your house in Espaniol then you probably arent a Viclero.

Its a cultural thing so if you arent repping La Raza then maybe your bike is just So Cal style.

Then again Im not an expert just picked up stuff from the So Cal guys around here.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is from the Vatos Y Viclas FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vatos-Y-Viclas-Magazine

"VICLA:
FROM THE SPANISH WORD BICICLETA.
FIRME MOTORCYCLE WITH A VATOS TOUCH.
BORN IN EL BARRIO,
SCHOOLED BY EL MOVIMIENTO.
FAITHFUL TO HER RIDER.
EL VICLERO."

But don't take that as "written in stone". Just like the lowrider scene, the vicla scence is open to everyone!

Check out my site for some more pics of "Viclas"

http://www.ash-photos.com/Motorcycles/Viclas

Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Geee, I don't want to be left out again cause I'm a white guy! I speak zero spanish. I hope that doesn't exclude me from ever having what I want or what to call it! If it's only a Vicla because one speaks spanish, what type of bike is it if your just an average white guy with that style of a bike? I also agree 100% that the origin's of this term and this style of bike originated from and was perfected by the spanish, much like the lowrider, in every way. In NO WAY do I mean to yank any chains of any given ethnic group of people but dang, I just waisted a ton of money. Well, I am open to suggestion's. Someone let me know what I am building and what to call it when I'm done.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its ok to emulate someone else's cultural style in homage, nobodies telling you what to do even though you keep asking them to.

The post is "what makes a vicla" not "what defines a vicla style bike"

Cant talk about a vicla without talking about the heritage and culture that it comes from. Give respect and credit where its due eh?

I totaly dig the so-cal style and Im doing that to my bike too but nobody said that somebody couldnt "build" a bike like that because they aren't this or that. Sorry if that's what you read.

Last edited by Motown Strag; 03-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: What Makes a Vicla?