Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Makes a Vicla?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dyebartdie
"VICLA:
FROM THE SPANISH WORD BICICLETA.
FIRME MOTORCYCLE WITH A VATOS TOUCH.
BORN IN EL BARRIO,
SCHOOLED BY EL MOVIMIENTO.
FAITHFUL TO HER RIDER.
EL VICLERO."
Well, I'm too gringo to be a vato. My bike wasn't born in a barrio, neither was I. I was never schooled by el movimiento. So, I guess I don't have a "vicla". Since I ride my bike through mountain passes, it won't be getting a 21" front wheel or lowered at all. I'd consider it to be the SoCal look, but since I live in Southern Colorado, I guess it is the SoCo look? I refer to it as my "cholo-bob".

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Someone let me know what I am building and what to call it when I'm done.
Call it a Deluxe. Really, why worry about it? I'd classify your bike as a SoCal style. Without a custom paint job, 21" spoke front wheel, apes or beach bars, and it slammed, it just isn't a vicla IMHO. What ever you call it (or mine for that matter), as long as it is fun as **** to ride just smile and think to yourself, "it's cool, esse*"!

*Quinin Tarantino to Cheech Marin in Desperado

Last edited by yzergod; 03-19-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:35 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Geee, I don't want to be left out again cause I'm a white guy! I speak zero spanish. I hope that doesn't exclude me from ever having what I want or what to call it! If it's only a Vicla because one speaks spanish, what type of bike is it if your just an average white guy with that style of a bike? I also agree 100% that the origin's of this term and this style of bike originated from and was perfected by the spanish, much like the lowrider, in every way. In NO WAY do I mean to yank any chains of any given ethnic group of people but dang, I just waisted a ton of money. Well, I am open to suggestion's. Someone let me know what I am building and what to call it when I'm done.

wangsta comes to mind... nice bikes, none the less. Ride what you like. Just dont be sayin esse and shiet... lol

Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I clearly said that I give 100% of the Vicla style of bike to the spanish people. I don't know what part of that wasn't clear. If I am styling my bike after that look than I don't know how to show any more respect than that. The thread I responded to with that comment clearly said "it's not a Vicla if your not Viclero". I also would have no idea how to give anyone direction's to my house in spanish, no clue at all. I also doubt I would ever change from my 16" wheels and I see thats highly desirable on everyone's list in order to be put in that class of bike. I LOVE some of you guy's bikes with the 21's and 23's, don't get me wrong there either. I'm just a 16" kind of guy. Oh well, it's going to get put together over the next few weeks. I'll post some pics of it when it's done and I can get out to snap a few. Anyone can just call it what ever you want then, I'm good with that. Vicla, SoCal style, chrome ***** with apes and long pipes, it's all good and it's all fun. To be honest I just can't wait to ride the dang thing and to hear the dang thing. I changed allot, dumped a pretty penny on allot based soley on some of you guy's recommendations, tip's, experience's and some additional reading up on everything. I have never had apes and I have never heard the 39" pipes in person.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts
Old 03-19-2013, 08:07 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a POS for a PC and can't watch those dang video's. I sure wish I could! A new PC is at the very top of my list..... once my bike is done. They sure look sweet siting there though. They sure are Vicla's in my book!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:34 PM
509Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dosent matter your color or heritage, I'm white and have been building lowriders for the last 17 years. So of course I'm building a vicla style Harley has nothing to do with being a wannabe or a wankster. Yes those idiots are out there but they won't get any respect. Carry on.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 509Rider
Dosent matter your color or heritage, I'm white and have been building lowriders for the last 17 years. So of course I'm building a vicla style Harley has nothing to do with being a wannabe or a wankster. Yes those idiots are out there but they won't get any respect. Carry on.
For sure brother!

Stone

Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM
16over
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm another white guy(but not bald) from the midwest that loves the style! SoCal, Vicla or whatever you want to call it, I really like it. I'm not much about the wild colors and paint schemes (I'm a solid, one color guy) but love the engraving (which is an art).

I'm working on mine, just got a few rides in with the Cholos and have heard many comments so we will see what kind of BS I hear when riding season actually gets here. I am kinda glad that nobody else around rides this style around here because I have always liked to ride something a little different. Got a couple pics so you can see where I am at for now.

Attached Thumbnails What Makes a Vicla?-deluxe_39_2.jpg   What Makes a Vicla?-deluxe_39.jpg   What Makes a Vicla?-deluxe_39_3.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:50 PM
509Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same with me 16over. I haven't seen any Harley's this style in my area. Love being different. And I don't give 2 ***** if they like it or not.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 16over
I'm working on mine, just got a few rides in with the Cholos and have heard many comments so we will see what kind of BS I hear when riding season actually gets here. I am kinda glad that nobody else around rides this style around here because I have always liked to ride something a little different.
Originally Posted by 509Rider
Same with me 16over. I haven't seen any Harley's this style in my area. Love being different. And I don't give 2 ***** if they like it or not.
Ditto that! I haven't seen another one in my area and where ever I go, I get complements and gawkers. My buddies are constantly giving me hell for my fishtails, paint, & apes. I could care less because it's all about the ride & how much f#%€ŁĄ fun I'm having riding it! FTW, it's all about the ride!

Quick Reply: What Makes a Vicla?