Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Softail Custom Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Chaos Lurks
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Softail Custom Vibration

I just got back from a 50 mile ride. About halfway through the ride I picked up an annoying vibration through the foot pegs and handgrips. It is not a major vibration but it sure is annoying. If I pull the clutch in it goes away. Making me think it is possible motor mounts or engine? I parked it in the garage and put it in neutral and started it up and I can feel the vibration through the bars again. Anybody else ever have this problem or have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks all!

P.S. I ran the engine from 0-80 seeing if the vibration varied at different speeds. It seems to be constant through all the gears.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 PM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Check the upper motor mount 1st. Also check your exhaust to make sure that nothing is rubbing. Mine started vibrating and it turned out to be the counter balance gear spun on the crankshaft, hope that didn't happen to yours.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM
03sporty
Cruiser

I have the same problem, today I put back on my stock mufflers which are punched out. The rear pipe coming from the head was loose as well. Tightened that and changed the spark plugs. I won't really know till Thursday and go to work. My comute is 48 miles all highway. I'm interested in the info of counterbalance gear on the crank. Mine is vibrating even at an idle. Not real bad but noticeable. Was the counterbalance gear expensive?? This is driving me crazy, my hands go numb after just riding to work.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:11 PM
mros65
Stage III
Default Vibration on neutral 2007 Heritage Softail

Hello guys, im experiencing the same issue on my 2007 Heritage. I got the bike with 9k miles and I'm now at 26k. I started experiencing the vibration not so long ago but its the same problem. At neutral I rev the bike and can feel the vibration on the highway pegs and the grips so it nothing relate with the bike actually moving... I think. I've been researching but most of the post die before providing an answer or how they solved the issue (kind of like this post) so two of you guys had the same issue any chance you solved it and can share how? I want to be somewhat educated before taking it in to a dealer or indy and get a bunch of bull...help is appreciated

Marco