Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissy bars on Breakouts?

Old 12-29-2013, 01:01 PM
cbaywolf
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone care to post any pics (or just have recommendations/links) of sissy bars that are compatible for the Breakout? I'm getting ready to purchase a Breakout, and need some sort of detachable/quick release sissy bar- I would prefer something low, and not just the standard Harley bar.

Thanks!

anyone have any decent looking aftermarket sissy bar options they'd like to offer up?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-30-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ginzchoppers.com/index.html

These guys make custom sissy bars

Old 12-31-2013, 05:53 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I went to hell and back trying to figure this out over the months, and was unable to find anything other than ginz. it's pretty much ginz or standard HD.
If your next question is seats...
You should search this board for "breakout" and you will get alot of threads including an "everything breakout" thread from members here who have done cartwheels to figure out mods for this kickazz bike.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Kiernans88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Harley and all of the Aftermarkets can't produce anything desirable, I've started to design my own sissy bar. Just have to find some seat time to finish it up and have it fabricated.

Attached Thumbnails Sissy bars on Breakouts?-bo-pillion-sissy-bar.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 AM
rockinred
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 09 CVO springer and our sissy bars are the exact same. I searched this a long time ago too and Ginz is the only one. I almost ordered one from them, but it was coming out to almost 600 bucks. Just flat out ridiculous if you ask me. They wanted all the money up front and need a 4-6 week lead time to produce. Man they are acting like they are doing a huge favor for all that or desperate.

I bought the HD one and had par of it PC black and the other part chrome it came out pretty nice.

The only other suggestion I have is to look to any vendors that ever made a sissy bar for the 09 CVO springer and that would be the same template. That's what Ginz is using on his i'm sure. He already has the template for the 09 CVO.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:36 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Sissy Bar...Breakout...

Why would anybody want to do this to this bike

Old 12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Sissy Bar...Breakout...

Why would anybody want to do this to this bike
I agree w you if the OP's talking about a permanent bar. In my case it was detach, so when the ball-n-chain was wanting to ride we'd try it. Didn't quite work out. The bar setup, that is.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:29 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I haven't seen one on a Breakout, now that you mention it. But why put on any bike? To keep the passenger from sliding off. I hated my wife riding with me until I got mine on my Blackline. She felt safer with something to lean against too.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Jakefitz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
I agree w you if the OP's talking about a permanent bar. In my case it was detach, so when the ball-n-chain was wanting to ride we'd try it. Didn't quite work out. The bar setup, that is.
^ this

Old 12-31-2013, 08:31 PM
cbaywolf
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Exactly. I specifically mentioned "detachable/quick release". I don't like the look either- but I have kids who like to go for rides every once in a while- and there's no way I'm taking them out if there's a chance they could slide off the back- I've seen it happen on a few youtube videos...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sissy bars on Breakouts?