Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

complete springer heritage front end on a deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:18 AM
what_the?!
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default complete springer heritage front end on a deluxe

i always wanted a springer, but i ended up getting a deluxe and have spent a load of dollars on it getting it looking the way i want it.

so im wondering what is involved in getting a front end so my bike has the springer front?

what do i need to buy?, what's compatible?, what isnt?

im after the triple headlight arrangement, not the new single setup..and i want it in chrome, not the black that the cross bones comes in..

does anyone here know what's involved?

cheers,
tim

Attached Thumbnails complete springer heritage front end on a deluxe-wp_20140613_002.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:27 AM
SUUIE
Road Master

I believe that member blastonerski has already done this. You may want to contact him.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:19 AM
what_the?!
Advanced

Originally Posted by SUUIE
I believe that member blastonerski has already done this. You may want to contact him.
yeah but not quite.

his is the newer front end..

Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 AM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Did it to my night train. Everything bolts right up. Depending on what Springer u get u will need a new front wheel and fender..brake line.. New neck bearings.. brake caliper.. headlight bracket ect. Don't buy the DNA crap.. go Harley or nothin. It's expensive but worth it!! Course need bars too!

Old 06-25-2014, 12:38 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if he has deluxe then wheel will fit .. will need heritage springer or springer classic front fender as for headlight any softail custom or sporty custom , heritage springer , springer classic has the same headlight.. I personally would get a crossbones front end as they have been upgraded from heritage and springer classic.. the springer actually works now for longer than a few months ..its all in the bushings they added to the fork rockers ..ive done full fender swap on my crossbones that's how I know.. light bar will be for whatever year your springer is from.. look at a 2006 springer classic its a deluxe with a black springer front end just like a crossbones has ..

Last edited by colonelangus1; 06-25-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by colonelangus1
... look at a 2006 springer classic its a deluxe with a black springer front end just like a crossbones has ..
What I was thinking. I'd check to see if the rake needs to be adjusted if that applies here.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Yep good on the wheel. Just gotta be sure the springer has the same diameter axle, bearings ect. will also need to line the brake rotor up on the right side.. some springers have it on the left and some on the right depending on the year bought. which is still ok, just might have to flip the wheel around and that will require more hidden cost changing the tire to rotate the right way..
will have to get spacing right....

when I bought my springer I went with a PM contrast cut caliper, it was either that or jaybrake.. somethin big is what you'll want...

Old 06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
Sprung-bad
1st Gear

Last edited by Sprung-bad; 06-26-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:19 AM
Sprung-bad
1st Gear

Why buy a deluxe when you wanted a springer??

Never cheat yourself fella

I may be bias but the black sprung front end looks better & holds up nicer over time

I reckon it would be cheaper to buy a springer & start again

Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Doug S
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I looked at doing it to my FXSTC, Harley all the way...by the time I added everything up including paint for the fender I was well over 3 grand and that was with a decent price on the front end, the FLs will be more for a good chrome one. It really depends on how complete the front end you get is, things like light bars, lights, brake parts, bars, risers, etc etc etc... really add up... BTW: springer headlights are different from standard ones, they are isolated....

I just saved my coin and waited for a good deal on a springer, resale is also better this way...

Ds

Quick Reply: complete springer heritage front end on a deluxe