Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Alabama members

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 PM
Wre
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up guys I'm a new member from mobile, haven't rode in awhile been working a lot, but love to ride red 07 roadking

Old 01-17-2017, 06:01 PM
HDriderDave1
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome Wre...not many folks check in here much. Sorry, I am up state.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:54 PM
jlfabian
Tourer

What's up folks? Haven't checked in with the forum in a while, so I thought I would... I'm in the Huntsville/Madison area. So, is anyone thinking of attending Bike Week next month? I kinda want to go as my Dad lives not too far from Daytona, but some other personal crap has to clear first.

Other possible plans include a ride over to Maggie Valley/Tail-of-the-Dragon; possible trip down to Key West cuz' why not, I could visit my Dad? Want to plan a real road trip to do the Pacific Coast Highway (what a dreamer I am!) or maybe Strugis this year (yeah, probably not). Would be more likely to do the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall - colors!

What are you dreaming about?

Larry

Old 01-24-2017, 07:07 PM
HDriderDave1
Tourer

Hi Larry, I lived in Madison and Huntsville over 30 years before moving here. My wife and another couple from WI are heading to Key West then to Daytona for bike week. We ride up to the Maggie Valley every year....and I try my best to take a trip on the BRP....then in the fall we head to Natchez MS via the trace.

Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 PM
rkirby4956@aol.com
Stage II

Originally Posted by Wre
What's up guys I'm a new member from mobile, haven't rode in awhile been working a lot, but love to ride red 07 roadking
hi.....new here as well. Mobile too....nice to meet u

Old 05-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Grady10
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Huntsville checking in

Old 05-08-2017, 02:06 PM
jlfabian
Tourer

I'm back with more dribble and quibble... Joined the Redstone Riders MC (bunch a old geezers and some young ones based in Huntsville) and they made me Secretary of the club. I tried for Treasurer but they were having none of that. My stellar credentials of B.S.B.A. majoring in Accounting led them to believe I was overqualified. They are right - I'm a retired rocket scientist these days.

So, we've made a few rides over the last few weeks - one to Dismals Canyon near Phil Campbell, AL, one to Noccalula Falls near Gadsen, one to a decent BBQ place in TN near Shelbyville, and a lunch trip to Bell Buckle Cafe in Bell Buckle, TN. It's great riding with this group as we really never have that many on a given day, so it's not bad at all. Most of my other riding has been local stuff - The Curly Putman/Skyline Dr ride (Hwy 65, then up to Huntland, TN), and other more local things. The club has been attending Bike Night (Thursdays) at Furniture Factory in Huntsville. Have seen some nice bikes show up. $2 beers aren't bad either (not that I partake too much). The RRMC also meets for breakfast at the Royal Rose cafe in Huntsville on Memorial Parkway on Saturdays at 9:00am. If you're looking for a club, we are open to new members (no dues, but you do have to buy a $10 patch). Drop by and have breakfast with us. Doesn't matter what you ride, so long as you ride. You can check us out on Facebook - just search for Redstone Riders. Ride safe.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:42 PM
jlfabian
Tourer

Me and a buddy just got back from a trip to Maggie Valley, N.C. Had to go riding as his S.O. was going on a bender to Gatlinburg with her girlfriends. We hit the Dragon, the Skyway, a part of the BRP, and went through the Pisgah National Forest (stopped at Looking Glass Falls). We also did the Wheels through Time (bought the t-shirt). We stayed at The Holiday Motel (very motorcycle friendly). We were able to watch the Maggie Valley Fourth of July fireworks from the front porch of the motel. The worst part of the ride was returning as it started raining when we hit Cleveland, TN and kept raining or drizzling until we got back home. My buddy got to test out his new rain suit that he bought in Maggie Valley.
So far this summer's riding has been good with club trips to Dismals Canyon, a ride up to the Blue Gill cafe in Tims Ford lake, an earlier trip to Two Wheels of Suches, GA (some really great riding in north-east GA), and a ride down to Barber Motorsports for a Sunday visit. We're (hopefully) planning a Fall Ride where the club will go for a long weekend event. Some folks are proposing to go to Falls Creek Falls for camping/RVing/moteling which sounds good. We still have to vote on it at the next monthly meeting, so I guess I'll have to wait to see how that shakes out.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:33 PM
HDriderDave1
Tourer

Heading to the Milwaukee rally in a few weeks, oh ya

Old 08-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Pingg30
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Columbiana, heritage classic

Quick Reply: Alabama members