Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:25 PM
jc_denton
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Performance Parts

I'm thinking about getting the Screamin' Eagle Street Performance slip-ons, and I already bought (but haven't yet installed) the Screamin' Eagle Air Cleaner kit. I was just wondering how much, if any, improvement in performance do you guys (and gals) get in general? I'm kind of skeptical about the official HD statistics that I'll gain x amount of horsepower andy amount of torque. So, do the pipes and/or air cleaner make any noticeable difference at all, or am I wasting my time and money here? (Also feel free to suggest alternate performance parts and your experiences with them)

EDIT: Keep in mind, I want performance. I really couldn't care less about the sound. (Quieter/stock-level would actually be better)

Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 AM
MikesDad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Parts

Screamin' Eagle Street Performance slip-ons are a No No!

I call them SE3's cuz well, they are the 3rd version of SE mufflers.
Basically, the EPA had their hand in their design and they are "muffled" not only sound wise but performance wise also.
Staying quiet while gaining performance is a tough task for any muffler. The SE2's may be the muffler for you if you can get your hands on a pair.
They are discontinued and are fetching a premium price.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't forget, if you open the intake and exhaust with free flowing pipes and AC, you will need a remap as well.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:50 AM
x2lee
Banned

If you want performance get a 2into1 pipe. the airfilter and slip ons do make a big diff in power, but you will need to remap or rejet to get it all.
ORIGINAL: jc_denton

I'm thinking about getting the Screamin' Eagle Street Performance slip-ons, and I already bought (but haven't yet installed) the Screamin' Eagle Air Cleaner kit. I was just wondering how much, if any, improvement in performance do you guys (and gals) get in general? I'm kind of skeptical about the official HD statistics that I'll gain x amount of horsepower andy amount of torque. So, do the pipes and/or air cleaner make any noticeable difference at all, or am I wasting my time and money here? (Also feel free to suggest alternate performance parts and your experiences with them)

EDIT: Keep in mind, I want performance. I really couldn't care less about the sound. (Quieter/stock-level would actually be better)

Old 09-23-2007, 09:44 AM
jc_denton
Road Captain

Ok, so I guess I need to look for some sort of 2:1 pipes or non-current Screamin' Eagles. I was thinking about using Fuel Pak because it seems most user-friendly. I guess I'll start looking for exhaust from companies that Fuel Pak supports. And 2:1 exhausts.