Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Riding Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Winter Riding Gloves

First cold spell in this part of the country today. I'm going into my first winter of riding since I was a teenager, need some winter glove suggestions. Oh, and I'm a cheap SOB.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Winter Riding Gloves

I am a wimp when it comes to my fingers and toes being cold. I use the HD winter gloves with Gortex. They work pretty well. I found the key to keeping your hands and feet warm is keeping your chest warm. Warm heart pumps more blood ot the fingers & toes.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Olympia makes good gloves. I have a pair of their Gortex gloves. Using them with poly pro military liners is good down to about 30 or so. Below that, I use Gerbings heated gloves. The Olympia gloves are about 65 bucks a pair. The liners are about 5 bucks.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cold & cheap or not. Gerbings heated gloves IS IT! $150 and change for gloves and a controller.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
mpaquette
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I hear ya! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I just ordered a pair of Z1R Cold Weather Riding Gloves from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...106&Division=1

I'll post how they look and feel once they arrive.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I've got the thickest pair of leather winter gloves I could get and after an hour my hands are frozen in 30* weather. I say go electric...

Old 10-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Shadofaxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

... I use the HD winter gloves with Gortex. ... I found the key to keeping your hands and feet warm is keeping your chest warm. Warm heart pumps more blood ot the fingers & toes.
Heather, Heather ... we haven't met in a forum yet and I do have the utmost respect for you. But you have to watch your comments like this because it conjurs up thoughts in these old geezer minds that make us type something that gets a reprimand on the forum and a bad rep with you AND your other half ... when it just ain't our fault!! It's gonna take me days to lose this image now!! Maybe I'll try that 'Warm Heart' line on my wife tonight

Seriously, I hope you know that was in fun, I just got the H-D Gortex gloves ($75) and they really are good for me.

I'll slink back into the corner and wait for the hit upside the back of my head.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
bmcdonau
Novice

Check out snowmobile gloves. I had some when I was in Alaska, and you couldn't really wear them unless you were outside on a snowmobile or they were too hot.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
fraz
Intermediate

I've been going a bit crazy over this myself -- I have a mild vascular problem that turns my hands into numb blocks of ice if I don't keep them reasonably warm. I will probably go with heated gloves at some point, but as a new rider, added bulk and loss of handgrip "feel" really worries me.

So I picked up a pair of the H-D "windshield" gloves and they worked surprisingly well on my first interstate ride yesterday. I also bought a pair of silk liners to add when it gets colder.

Good luck with your search,

JT

Old 10-16-2006, 08:58 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did my first 32 degree ride of the season this morning. Brutal! I couldn't find my old army/navy store leather & knit lined gloves and just used some heavy lined leather gloves. Fingers were freezing within 5 minutes. Looks like I'll have to get me some of those HD gortex gloves.

Quick Reply: Winter Riding Gloves