Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Mod fever

Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 AM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Iron Mod fever

Ok fellas, promised myself not to spent anymore money, lol what joke .. I'm finding myself having the "want" not the "need" to do some cost effective mods Ok this is what I'm thinking about. Chop the rear fender and front fender, change the stock seat into a bobber type seat. Don't know what exactly I need to do that mod. I think you need some type of seat kit for the Iron. In the rear fender I would like to add an LED light right in the middle of the fender, the stainless bling, bling look on the fork I would like to blacken it out. Do they make a part to cover that area?

Does anyone offer chop off fenders or parts? I will probably need a good shop to do this type of work?

Any recommendations? These are the seats that I'm looking at, also I posted a pic of my bike, the exhaust needs to be re-wrapped, thinking about doing it in black wrap or red wrap or just combined the 2 colors. Any suggestions? Sorry for the many ?'s just kinda excited about my lil Iron love affair Oh lastly, the stock suspension sucks! I do believe that the stock suspension is .11 don't want to take away from the look of the bike, any suggestion of shocks, height, etc?

Much love~

Attached Thumbnails Iron Mod fever-black-seat.jpg   Iron Mod fever-black-solo-seat.jpg   Iron Mod fever-brown-seat.jpg   Iron Mod fever-iron-side-view.jpg   Iron Mod fever-iron-engine-se.jpg  

Old 06-14-2013, 10:59 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I believe the middle seat picture is made for women..." ribbed for her pleasure"..

Old 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, where's the fork gaiters/boots? Does the iron not have fork boots? You can buy them but I wouldn't spend money on that. Shrouds are an option.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p2140/...universal-use/

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p2736/...shrouds-black/

There is a link I've PMd you to do it on the cheap.

Don't wrap the pipes, you don't need to. In fact you can either leave the wrap or cut it off. Mine fell off.

I wouldn't mind a fender chop but I would never cut the fender struts. Lots here have done it and are 100% happy. I've also seen people who bought a chopped bike and can't go back to full fender or 2 up riding.

There are plenty of threads on using the RK shocks. Cheap and easy. I'm sure for you it'd be an improvement.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by mrfikser
i believe the middle seat picture is made for women..." ribbed for her pleasure"..

lmao~!! :d

Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pixiechitos
Hey, where's the fork gaiters/boots? Does the iron not have fork boots? You can buy them but I wouldn't spend money on that. Shrouds are an option.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p2140/...universal-use/

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p2736/...shrouds-black/

There is a link I've PMd you to do it on the cheap.

Don't wrap the pipes, you don't need to. In fact you can either leave the wrap or cut it off. Mine fell off.

I wouldn't mind a fender chop but I would never cut the fender struts. Lots here have done it and are 100% happy. I've also seen people who bought a chopped bike and can't go back to full fender or 2 up riding.

There are plenty of threads on using the RK shocks. Cheap and easy. I'm sure for you it'd be an improvement.
PM received, thanks~ The fork boots were removed by the previous owner, I'm on the fence about getting my fender chopped, maybe reduce the size of it but leave some room for 2 up riding, however this bike is made for 1 person ALL Meeeee~