The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: PC3 for TBR?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default PC3 for TBR?

Hey guys,

I hope this thread doesn't make me look too much like a clown but I'm just starting to learn about tuning. I picked up a new pipe yesterday, Two Brothers 2-into-1 Gen 1. I want to install as soon as possible but obviously need to figure out the tuning when I put it on. Whoever installed my tuner buried it behind the electrical box so first order of business is accessing it to get the cord plugged into to download a map to it. Next thing I need to do is find a map. On the Dynojet website they don't have a map for the TBR pipe. Is the best bet to just pick something close? Or is there somewhere to find maps? I'm currently running Vance and Hines Big Radius so there's no way that map will work with the TBR, right? I'll keep doing my own research but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Look for a map with the same heads, cams and a good 2-1. That should get you in the ballpark.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
Look for a map with the same heads, cams and a good 2-1. That should get you in the ballpark.
Great thanks.

Closest that Dynojet has on their site is "Bub Rinehart 2:1 exhaust, Screamin' Eagle Air Filter, Stock ECM, Dynojet O2 Sensor Eliminators installed, Rev Xtend enabled".

The pipe is close I think, I have the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I don't have the o2 sensor eliminators and based on the model number of my PC3 the rev xtend would be another piece of hardware on my bike. Their is a mess of wiring under my seat that it may or may not be in haha. Without getting in their and finding out do you think it would be a bad decision to get that map on the tuner and install the pipe? Or should I wait? I don't have any other engine work done to my knowledge so it's not like I'm working with some built bike...yet.

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Cubby,
Your biggest challenge is to find a map that has similar valve timing (cam specs).
IFAIK, Dynojet doesn’t do much custom cam mapping so little or no help from them.
If you cannot find a reliable map (one that the engine seems to run smoothly throughout the breakin rpms) I would highly suggest you put it on a trailer a take it to a competent tuner in your area.
You have invested good money and time in your build so getting it safe for breakin is most important...more important than just putting miles on an untuned engine.
Bob

Old 02-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Cubby,
Your biggest challenge is to find a map that has similar valve timing (cam specs).
IFAIK, Dynojet doesn’t do much custom cam mapping so little or no help from them.
If you cannot find a reliable map (one that the engine seems to run smoothly throughout the breakin rpms) I would highly suggest you put it on a trailer a take it to a competent tuner in your area.
You have invested good money and time in your build so getting it safe for breakin is most important...more important than just putting miles on an untuned engine.
Bob
Thanks Bob. It does seem like Dynojet doesn't have much for options.

I haven't done anything to the cams so as far as I know they are stock. What are the risks of trying one of the maps that dynojet has and seems close? Obviously I'm still learning about this stuff.. I know that with the perfect maps or getting it tuned professionally will get it running the best it possibly can, but if I put the pipe on and download a close map to it do I risk damage? Or just not the best operation?

Also, the map on the Dynojet site is if you've used o2 sensor eliminators. What happens if I use my o2 sensors?

I hate to be asking so many questions. I've searched for threads with this basic type stuff in it and had no luck, if someone can point me towards one that would be even better.

Last edited by Cubby89; 02-07-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

If you load the Dynojet map, it will most likely be in the ballpark -or at least close enough to start it and ride it a bit and see how it goes. Your O2 sensors will just provide feedback to the ECM to control to a different air fuel ratio than they used. There is a lot to explain, but if your bike matches that map except for the eliminators, you most likely can fire it up and drive it - then see how it's behaving. Ultimately you need to get it to a tuner who really knows what they are doing.

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 02-07-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Cubby89
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
If you load the Dynojet map, it will most likely be in the ballpark -or at least close enough to start it and ride it a bit and see how it goes. Your O2 sensors will just provide feedback to the ECM to control to a different air fuel ratio than they used. There is a lot to explain, but if your bike matches that map except for the eliminators, you most likely can fire it up and drive it - then see how it's behaving. Ultimately you need to get it to a tuner who really knows what they are doing.
Perfect. That helps a lot. Gonna get these on this weekend and get a close map and get it to a tuner as soon as I can! Thanks a lot for the help

Old 02-08-2018, 11:18 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Thanks Bob. It does seem like Dynojet doesn't have much for options.

I haven't done anything to the cams so as far as I know they are stock. What are the risks of trying one of the maps that dynojet has and seems close? Obviously I'm still learning about this stuff.. I know that with the perfect maps or getting it tuned professionally will get it running the best it possibly can, but if I put the pipe on and download a close map to it do I risk damage? Or just not the best operation?

Also, the map on the Dynojet site is if you've used o2 sensor eliminators. What happens if I use my o2 sensors?

I hate to be asking so many questions. I've searched for threads with this basic type stuff in it and had no luck, if someone can point me towards one that would be even better.
Cubby,
Sorry, I thought you had cams but that was incorrect. If it were me, I would simply try several maps and ride the bike to choose which one feels best.
If it feels smooth,and responsive AND mileage doesn’t go into the toilet, you are prolly fine until your next mod.
Bob
PS- You will be safe with a pipe and a/c with stage 1 mapping from DJ.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:21 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 715 Likes on 565 Posts

Year and model bike info might help.
M