"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

REGULAR Sun Glasses

Old 06-04-2018, 09:44 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,320 Likes on 10,699 Posts
Default REGULAR Sun Glasses

NOT riding sunglasses but regular ones like when you drive a cage.

Anyone know of an EXCELLENT quality pair of sunglasses that have these features.....

1) 100% UVA
2) 100% UVB
3) The side pieces are SPRING loaded for width when you put it on.

They do NOT need to be prescriptions.

I did not ask in the GENERAL Forum area figuring u gize here in Florida would have the answer.

Thanks mates!

BuzzCap7

Old 06-05-2018, 05:15 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

You know you can spend lots fo $$$ on designer brands, some claiming all kinds of protection, but you never are gaurenteed of anything when you just buy off the shelf. When you say EXCELLENT I assume you are not looking to skimp on cost, so....

If you are looking for quality fames with optical prescription quality lenses, my suggestion would be to go to a reputable eyeware place that makes prescription glasses. They have many many frames to chose from including those you can twist up in knots and they wont break or bend out of shape. After choosing a frame you like, have them make you "non-prescription" prescription quality sunglass lenses to meet your requirements. You will get properly fitted frames with good quality lenses that you know will be good for your eyes.

I wear prescription progressive lenses and have my sunglasses made this way. Although I have a pair of costly prescription riding glasses I use with my open face half helmet, I prefer my everyday metal frame prescription sunglasses when riding with the full face shield down on my 3/4 helmet.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mark,
I've been wearing Oakley's for the last 15 to 20 years. There is an Oakley store in the Town Center Mall in Boca. Check it out.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:16 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by FrankEV
You know you can spend lots fo $$$ on designer brands, some claiming all kinds of protection, but you never are gaurenteed of anything when you just buy off the shelf. When you say EXCELLENT I assume you are not looking to skimp on cost, so....

If you are looking for quality fames with optical prescription quality lenses, my suggestion would be to go to a reputable eyeware place that makes prescription glasses. They have many many frames to chose from including those you can twist up in knots and they wont break or bend out of shape. After choosing a frame you like, have them make you "non-prescription" prescription quality sunglass lenses to meet your requirements. You will get properly fitted frames with good quality lenses that you know will be good for your eyes.

I wear prescription progressive lenses and have my sunglasses made this way. Although I have a pair of costly prescription riding glasses I use with my open face half helmet, I prefer my everyday metal frame prescription sunglasses when riding with the full face shield down on my 3/4 helmet.
Originally Posted by GoPro Steevo
Mark,
I've been wearing Oakley's for the last 15 to 20 years. There is an Oakley store in the Town Center Mall in Boca. Check it out.

THANK YOU BOTH!!! Great info...............very helpful.

BuzzCap7

Old 06-05-2018, 03:29 PM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

I like Maui Jims. A bit expensive but they work pretty well. I think any decent sunglasses will be expensive, and I haven't seen much of a discount at the sunglasses stores in the outlet center vs the mall. HOWEVER, where I have seen decent discounts on namebrand sunglasses is at the major chain outlets like Nordstrom rack, off 5th, etc. I bought $100 pair of polarized sunglasses, I think adidas, at off 5th for $15 once.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:58 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by cbrenthus
I like Maui Jims. A bit expensive but they work pretty well. I think any decent sunglasses will be expensive, and I haven't seen much of a discount at the sunglasses stores in the outlet center vs the mall. HOWEVER, where I have seen decent discounts on namebrand sunglasses is at the major chain outlets like Nordstrom rack, off 5th, etc. I bought $100 pair of polarized sunglasses, I think adidas, at off 5th for $15 once.
Hmmm, very similar to what my wife just said to me. Have u been talking with 'me wife? LOL

Thanks mate!

BuzzCap7

Old 06-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Fishbones182
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I wear nothing but costa del Mar sunglasses. They are pricey but exceptional lense quality. In the event I ever needed I can get prescription lenses for them as well. I've been wearing coastas for close to ten years daily. I'm a utility lineman so they have been put to the test a time or two.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Lone Cabbage
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I second the Costa del Mar's, $$ but worth it in my opinion.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:39 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

I have been wearing Prada Polarized for the last 10 years, They are very nice and do a great job. Price tag around $500 though. Oakley just came out with a line of nicer looking glasses to that are polarized around the $200 price point with Metal frames.

My other pair for boating are Maui Jims, again pricy but really nice quality.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,512 Likes on 6,270 Posts

Most sunglasses offer 100% UV protection, even the cheap ones. The difference in better ones is better image clarity and more durable frames.

My son wears Oakleys and they treated him right when deployed, with discount replacement lenses.

I wear prescription sunglasses and Transitions in my everyday glasses, so I’m not that familiar with OTC sunglasses.

I didn’t sleep at a Holiday Inn, but I am an optometrist.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: REGULAR Sun Glasses