Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 2015 Infotainment

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Greg Di
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Help with 2015 Infotainment

I am just about to pull the trigger on 2015 SGS. I can't find any good information about the infotainment system.

Maybe y'all can help.

-- I have an Android Phone (S5) and want to stream music through the system, will ANY app work or do only certain apps work in terms of being able to move through music, view album art, and have full functionality?

-- How does the bluetooth phone work? I can't imagine that it works without a headset but the sales guy told me it did. I asked him to show me where the mic was and he couldn't find it. Me thinks you need a headset.

--Is it better to just plug a USB stick into the system than a phone for music? What do you gain or lose with either?

--I have read all the horror stories about the 2014 infotainment system. Is the 2015 improved and better?

Thanks,

Greg

Old 02-12-2015, 12:10 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts
Old 02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Di
I am just about to pull the trigger on 2015 SGS. I can't find any good information about the infotainment system.

Maybe y'all can help.

-- I have an Android Phone (S5) and want to stream music through the system, will ANY app work or do only certain apps work in terms of being able to move through music, view album art, and have full functionality?

-- How does the bluetooth phone work? I can't imagine that it works without a headset but the sales guy told me it did. I asked him to show me where the mic was and he couldn't find it. Me thinks you need a headset.

--Is it better to just plug a USB stick into the system than a phone for music? What do you gain or lose with either?

--I have read all the horror stories about the 2014 infotainment system. Is the 2015 improved and better?

Thanks,

Greg

I have a Samsung SIII and don't have any issues using bluetooth to send music. I have tried iHeart and Pandora and both work just fine.

Yes, you need a headset to use th telephone and voice commands. There is a mod/hack where people are adding an extra headset to a connector in the fairing and having the microphone stick out in the glove box. Seems to work well for the couple that have tried it.

Yes, I ultimately just loaded all my music to a USB rive. I find this to be the easiest solution.

The latest .3 system update seems to have fixed a lot of issues but for some, they are still having issues. Head over to the Rushmore forum and read the .3 update thread.