Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Dual Exhaust ???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:57 PM
SM Radios
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Dual Exhaust ???????

I am trying to get the best exhaust system for my Ultra Classic that doesn't cost me an arm and leg, has a nice melow tone that is not that loud and still give extra power. This has probley been a topic before, but i don't have the info on it. Can ya'll help????????????????????

Old 06-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior
Default RE: Best Dual Exhaust ???????

There's alot of choices wrt exhaust systems recommend you listen to a few different ones around.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most "COMPLETE" exhaust systems DO cost an arm and a leg... I like the V & H Duals that way you can pick what mufflers (sound) you want to use...
But as Law Dawg said... Look and listen and find the sound you're looking for!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Spartan
Road Captain

I would look at picking up a set of slip-ons and leaving the stock head pipes. Many have gone with the V&H Ovals, which I hear have a nice, low rumble but bark when you open it up. Recommend you listen to different slip-ons before you pull the trigger. You wil hear differentopinions of what sounds good but the only one that really matters is yours.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The easiest and cheapest way to your goal would be to listen to other peoples bikes and ask them what they like and dislike about
their setup. Most will tell you all about it...
Ask them if they get quieter as they go faster (cruise speed) this may be a determining factor for your sanity.
The first step could be to find the ones that sound good to you.
Next step is go to the classifieds section of the forum and see what is for sale.
The reason I say this is, I found a nice set of Vance and Hines Classic Slip-ons for "very cheap" from a forum member and I was
thrilled with the buy.
These mufflers are the loudest at low speeds and gradually quiet down as you go faster.
Some guys will purchase a few sets to find what they like and sell the old ones here to other members.
I also wanted true duals , found a set of brand new Fullsac duals in the classifieds and purchased them.
I have about $210.00 for the whole setup and am quite pleased.
A friend of mine bought new Vance and Hines true duals and Basic slip-ons for around $700.00.
I have to admit they are prettier than mine, but perform the same.
Most systems will sound different while you ride than when they go by you,so take your time to decide.
Happy hunting.
Mick

Old 06-03-2007, 10:59 AM
chriscalabro
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

If your sold on staying with Duals (as opposed to 2:1) I would recommend the V&H Dresser Duals. Great build quality, chrome etc. Easy to install and allows for the use of any standard muffler. I have Rinehart Slipons and love the sound, but again that is a very personal choce and one your best judging @ an event or dealership. Make sure which ever muffler your listening to is hooked up to a Dual system and is running the same engine configuration as yours. Modified engines (heads, cams) do impact exhaust tone

Old 06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
erpp
Novice

i bought the bassani kit power curve looks good thats all i can say about that! gets very hot on your left leg!!!! ditched the slip ons sounded like crap to me went with old faithful drag pipes.......still sounds odd....i think the true duals gives you more hp but the sound is just.......well.....different! i think you should just find some slip ons that you have heard and like the sound of...unless you want to spend 950.00 for a preaty little curvy thing like i did[:@][:@]

Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
erpp
Novice

i meant right leg...unless your riding backwards!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:21 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a lot of us have gone down the same road as you and some including my self are still traveling it. Harley Touring pipes are to quiet, but have heard they do get a little louder with time & miles; heard the V & H Ovals sound nice, but loud on a long run and will make your ears ring, don't know about the V & H Basic Slash Cuts. There are a few on the forum who seem to have found a happy medium (which we're all looking for) with the new Screamn' Eagle Street Performance Mufflers, so you might want to listen to a set.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 AM
SM Radios
Cruiser

Sound is one thing and important,, but also the lowend power for dual riding is also one of the most important to me. A lot of info on pipe sound , but what about the low and mid horse power. Let me know about that if you could....................

Quick Reply: Best Dual Exhaust ???????