Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uhm, No.... just NO

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 AM
cc_Penguin
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Uhm, No.... just NO

So I took the bike up the long way to the Blue Ridge Parkway (through Brevard.. nice little town, will definitely be back) and upon returning I was describing the scenery and adventure to the wife and put in the shameless plug "It would have been nicer with you on the back". Her reply was simple, yet effective "Perhaps if you had a side car".. WTF?!?!?! While I'll admit that I some bikes do show some more class with a side car and they add a certain appeal (trying my best to be political here), but no... just no. Not on this bike. So I guess I'll be getting a solo seat soon

And here's a pic from yesterday, just because.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:25 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Perhaps adding a detachable tour pak with a more plush passenger seat might make the ride more comfortable for her.
I've never really understood how we, as riders, can put so much time, effort and money into finding a perfect seat and expect our loved ones to cling to us while balancing on that tiny pillion seat with no backrest for hours at a time.

The following 2 users liked this post by ORradtech:
racersmomma16H (04-30-2017), RugbyRef (05-03-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 10:27 AM
81rat
Road Warrior
Received 438 Likes on 270 Posts

What I have done with a ex girlfriend , me and a buddy rode our bikes and the girls rode in a car behind us we could ride the way we wanted to and couldn't here a word they said . A little 2 day trip was great

Old 04-30-2017, 10:28 AM
cc_Penguin
Advanced

Excellent point and I have debated that, however we did take the opportunity once to go test out and Ultra with said plushness, however the Mrs. still wasn't interested :/ Perhaps in time... maybe....

Old 04-30-2017, 11:45 AM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts

To get my wife off the back of my bike, I bought here one of those cam am things. Best money spent now I ride with no one on the back and she has her own bike, so far we have more than 10000 miles on our bikes, if you could called her bike a Bike.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:10 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

My wife has been chicken to ride with me for over 10 years. She won't even ride in the Model A more than across town. She is no fun... but there are other things...

Old 04-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,722 Likes on 6,886 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can continue to ride and enjoy it with friends and find something you both love doing together.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:29 PM
FlaHeatWave
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

'Just take your girlfriend...

Old 04-30-2017, 02:49 PM
cc_Penguin
Advanced

Originally Posted by FlaHeatWave
'Just take your girlfriend...
While I can appreciate this comment, and considering that I've been married for 27 years and have 2 kids with the wifey... I'd come out much cheaper purchasing a second bike with a side car, lol!!

And just to be clear, I do enjoy the rides alone and am thankful to have such an understanding wife that has no issues when I say "I'm going riding, I'll see you when I get back"... she only looks to see if I packed the tent or not to see if it's going to be an over-nighter or not.

She rides on seldom occasion when the kids are out with friends, however has not taken a long day trip yet.. she'll get there... maybe

Old 04-30-2017, 03:52 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Yeah, I've also heard that more than a few sidecars have seen the back end of parked cages the hard way.

Quick Reply: Uhm, No.... just NO