Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 ultra limited lowering.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:56 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Keep riding, you'll probably find you quickly get used to it as it is. Also new suspension wears in and settles, just as the rest of the bike does, so hang on for a while before making any mods.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Jmac71
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Yes, they will bolt up without any issues.

The "low" version of the hand adjustable shocks are 12", but you may not actually get a full 1 inch of lowering.

Be aware though, that your ride quality will suffer with those shorter shocks.
Thanks for the info. I was told the same thing by several people so I will take all of that into consideration. The ultra limited low shocks I can get for a bargain from a guy who took his off new. So my concern was "why" he took them off from new. A guess would be for comfort or lack of.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Jmac71
Novice

Originally Posted by grbrown
Keep riding, you'll probably find you quickly get used to it as it is. Also new suspension wears in and settles, just as the rest of the bike does, so hang on for a while before making any mods.
Thanks. You are the third person to tell me that. One of those being my dealer!! So I may give it a little time yet and see how it goes. I am comfortable riding solo like it is just when I throw the wifey on back I prefer to have a little more stability. Flat foot on ground. So we will ride and see as we go. Thanks again!!!

Old 02-20-2018, 08:42 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Jmac71
I am comfortable riding solo like it is just when I throw the wifey on back I prefer to have a little more stability. Flat foot on ground.
I've never been able to flat-foot - Mrs B has to sit still when we're stationary or riding slow, but then I've been riding dressers since before it got fashionable to lower them! The front edges of the seat can steal some of your leg reach, so a little skillful reworking of the seat padding in that area can be helpful.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 AM
rdm1465
Tourer

Received 1,023 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
I had good success with Progressive's 444's going to a 12.5 length on my 2012. I'm 5-6 to give you an idea on that. I you do a search you'll also see shorter riders who like the 944s. Of course, opinions on shocks, seats, oil, color, etc., will vary.
While that may help in describing your stature. It is the leg inseam that makes the difference. I am 5'6" with an inseam of 28". Somebody with say a 30" inseam would be better to flat foot better than I on a standard seat height.
So, I got an Ultra Limited Low instead of the 115th Anniversary. Totally almost bought from ooooooo look at that Blue.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Jmac71
Novice

Originally Posted by rdm1465
While that may help in describing your stature. It is the leg inseam that makes the difference. I am 5'6" with an inseam of 28". Somebody with say a 30" inseam would be better to flat foot better than I on a standard seat height.
So, I got an Ultra Limited Low instead of the 115th Anniversary. Totally almost bought from ooooooo look at that Blue.
Yes. I really liked the color of the 115th anniversary is why I went with the standard ultra limited. If the 115th anniversary had been offered in the ultra low then that would of been my choice. Other than the all time black or twisted cherry the other colors I really didn't care for. Just my preference. I am originally a Yamaha Venture Rider however when their price got comparable to Harley's price tag then it was no longer a decision. I am hoping for better trade/resale with the Harley when that time comes. ;-).

Old 02-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 860 Likes on 482 Posts

Keep your premium shocks and lower the back one inch with TBR lowering blocks.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Jmac71
Novice

Originally Posted by Red
Keep your premium shocks and lower the back one inch with TBR lowering blocks.
thanks. I saw where they offered those blocks and have really considered ordering them and trying. I think they are like $85 a set. Worse case if I don't like I'll just take them back off.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:05 PM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 860 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmac71
thanks. I saw where they offered those blocks and have really considered ordering them and trying. I think they are like $85 a set. Worse case if I don't like I'll just take them back off.
I had been using the 12" Premiums on my dressers the last few years. Used the 12" on my '17 Limited. Thought I would try the lowering blocks with my Premium 13" shocks. The ride is better with the 13" and blocks than the 12".

TBR blocks are available on eBay. Good company/owner. If you don't like the blocks for some reason you can always sell them here for 50% or more real quick.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:20 PM
Budda109
Road Captain
Received 67 Likes on 61 Posts

One of the things that makes a huge difference is the seat. As stated before. If you send your seat into Mean city cycles. You get the same seat back stitching and all. Check out there web site. The Harley seat that makes you sit the lowest I believe is called a (slim). Mean city can do that s well. You can go to a dealer and ask to sit on a slim to see if it makes a difference. It will. I have many vertically challenged friends they love it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2018 ultra limited lowering.