Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trialers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Travler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trialers

I've pulled several cargo trailers & campers over the years. This spring we bought a Bushtec Roadstar before our trip to the Smokies. It's the best pulling trailer I've pulled to date. No jerking over rough spots, no jerking, just a very smooth pull. With the larger diameter wheels, it pulls real easy. We had it loaded & still lost only a couple of mpg's. If you don't want to go that money, the Cycle Mate 2000 LTD is a very nice trailer also. But after pullin' the Bushtec, I can see why so many people have them.. JMO.. YMMV.....\

Old 07-01-2007, 01:50 AM
exracer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my 07 Ultra a few weeks ago, I never said anything about a trailer but when the guy was going over the bike with me he said "and don't put a hitch on it or the warranty will be void". I don't have any plans on getting a trailer so I just said yeah OK. Something else for you to check into.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:01 AM
2007 ultra c
Cruiser

We just returned from a 1800 mi trip pulling a "cheap" E-Bay trailer from a dealer that no longer sells on E-Bay, it was a kit with a fiberglass roof top carrier style box & 8" wheels very similar to the piggy backer trailer ( I got mine for about $420 delivered) I lengthened the tongue about 20" to allow room for a cooler and changed the basic lights that came with the kit for LED tail & marker lights. Also got the Khromeworkshitch on E-Bay for $145. With the few mods the trailer pulled great, no bouncing, tuggingor hopping. You do have to remember to allow extra stopping distance. The pic is from a trip to Yosemite a few months ago. hope it shows up....

[IMG]local://upfiles/30833/FD5D32480E534070AED62E5AACE93F24.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-01-2007, 03:30 AM
chappy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bobo06

Thinking about getting a trailer to pull behind the Ultra.
Just curious how many of you pull or have pulled a trailer. Why do you pull one. Problems, recommendations.

I just got the bike packed for a trip to the blackhills and yellowstone. Leaving tomorrow. I got everything my wife and I need for 7 or 8 days. Might have to do a little laundry, but thats no problem. Seems with trailer we just end up taking more "stuff".

Was looking at the Bushtec and American Legends. 4,000 for a little trailer? Might be nice but not that nice.

Bobo
How about one like one of these, mine is in front

Here's a shot with it hooked up to my bike,
chappy

Old 07-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked with a couple riders on the Glenn Highway last weekend that both had these "N-Line" trailers and they couldn't say enough about them.

http://www.n-line.com/index.htm

Arvid

Old 07-01-2007, 09:47 AM
mgilkison
Novice

I purchased a used Dart trailer ( http://timeouttrailers.org/dart.aspx ) from a guy this spring for 1350 and just got done pulling it 4000 miles (Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, SD, etc etc) and I would highly recomend it. When I recieved this trailer it had a ok paint job but wanted it to match my bike so I paid a friend to paint it Vivid Black and now the trailer gets complements and looks everywhere I pull it. It pulls like a dream even at 110 miles an hour (don't ask), has tons of storage and if I had paid full retail for this it would of cost me well over $3500 for all the extras that came with it. I would highly recomend this trailer adn if you can find one over the winter on eBay or locally used then I would recomend that (You get so much more).

Possum
06 Ultra

Old 07-01-2007, 12:17 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a bushtec turbo II. It holds alot of stuff and pulls like a dream.
The bushtec hitch is great swivels and is a pin design no binding or play between the bike and trailer. I did alot of research before I decided on which trailer to buy. considering everything including saftey. Thats why I chose bushtec.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I did research for almost a year before buying a trailer. Weneeded it to carry my wives wheelchair. Of all the manufactures Bushtec was the only one that worked with me to make sure it would fit. They said they would not sell me the trailer if the chair would not fit. Sent them a cutout of the chair. The sent me e-mail with pictures of my cutout in the trailer and the clearances on each side.

This is the second year we have been towing the trailer. You really don't know it is behind 90% of the time. Steel bridges let you know it is still there and corners have to be taken a little wider. Last year we rode Deals Gap with the trailer. Our friends love it when we take the trailer. Once the wheelchair is out then all the helmets, jackets, and what ever go in and it gets locked up.

Very happy with Bushtec trailerand company is even better. It is not cheep but in our opinion it is the best on the market.

Moe

Old 07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

If ya ever want a REAL eye-opener, lift that trailer 'bout waist-high, then let it go. She'll drop ta the ground an' never bounce. Dunno how they ever came up with the design, but it's sweet!