Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighted hand control question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Lighted hand control question

Hi all. Anyone put the lighted control switches on their street glide or road glide? If so...how or what do you do with the comm switch? I was going to just trade it out for the blank that came with the bike but that one doesn't let light come through. Any ideas? Is there another part I'm missing? Part is 71500248B

Old 11-16-2018, 07:36 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

you're talking about the extra switch on the right handle bar control module, it is inactive, you don't need to do anything with it. Just replace the stock module with the lighted one. the switches are embedded in the module, I don't think you can remove them.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 672 Posts

Yeah, what he said... put the new lit ones on, and don’t worry about that PTT button. If you accidentally hit it a message will briefly appear that says “module not installed” then goes away. I replaced mine and occasionally would hit it an that’s what would happen... then I added a CB and that button became useful lol

Old 11-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
Yeah, what he said... put the new lit ones on, and don’t worry about that PTT button. If you accidentally hit it a message will briefly appear that says “module not installed” then goes away. I replaced mine and occasionally would hit it an that’s what would happen... then I added a CB and that button became useful lol
you can take them apart and remove them. Tried that but the stock one isn't lit. Just hoped there always a blank for it. Accidentally hit it and it throws a code for no comm

Old 11-16-2018, 11:05 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
Yea I hit it and it did the same thing but it also threw a code. Engine light stays on. Code says no comm unit detected. Have to keep clearing it if I accidentally hit it.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:22 PM
TCUL
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Timberjkd
Yea I hit it and it did the same thing but it also threw a code. Engine light stays on. Code says no comm unit detected. Have to keep clearing it if I accidentally hit it.
I would see if you can get few drops of super glue to run down the switch behind the button/cap to immobilize it.