Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find a # 27 Torx socket?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 07:29 PM
harleybob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find a # 27 Torx socket?

I thought I had a complete Torx set. I have a 05 EG. That is calling for a #27 torx. I have a craftsman set. It is not in there. I went to sears and several other Stores. I cant seem to find this size. Does any body know where to get this torx # 27. Also does anybody know what size torx I need to work on this bike. All imput greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Where can I find a # 27 Torx socket?

Don't know about all sizes required but here's a link to Snap-On Tools. They show a #27 Torx power bit. Hope it helps. http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?Group_ID=739

Old 12-22-2005, 07:42 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 148 Likes on 41 Posts

Usually any good/big hardware store will carry them seperately. Sears does not include them in the sets. You'll need mostly #25 and #27 for the service items. Other sizes come in the kits that you'll need. Don't mistake the #27 tork head and use a #25 in it. It will fit a bit loose and you will strip the bolt head. They are very easy for some to mistake. I buy the #27 in my local true value store as just the bit itself and use a dab of epoxy to set them in a spare socket so I am ready to go. I have one in a 1/4 inch drive socket and one in a 3/8 drive socket.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:48 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

Bought my #27 torx sockets from the Matco tool guy,got the extended lenght 3/8" drive,and a short 1/4" drive one. I was at the HD dealer one day during the week,and the Matco tool guy drove in. caught him as he was leaving the garage of the dealer,and asked him what the wrenches at the dealer were using for #27 torx,he showed me what he sells them,so I bought them. funny how HD puts some odd sizes on their bikes isnt it,lol

Old 12-22-2005, 07:57 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Craftsman doesn't have a #27. They sell a #27 at Sears, but it's made by a different manufacturer and the name eludes me right now [:@], but the packaging is red, if I remember correctly.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:07 PM
CWO
Advanced

Funny you should post about this as I just got back from tracking them down......both of the Torx sets I had were missing the T-27. I ended up going to the local auto parts jobber (here it's VIP Auto) and picked up two sets made by Great Neck (Lifetime warranty) One set has sockets to include the infamous T-27, the other is like hex-keys, decent length "L's" with hardened fittings at end end - CWO

Old 12-22-2005, 08:16 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,878 Likes on 1,101 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleybob

I thought I had a complete Torx set. I have a 05 EG. That is calling for a #27 torx. I have a craftsman set. It is not in there. I went to sears and several other Stores. I cant seem to find this size. Does any body know where to get this torx # 27. Also does anybody know what size torx I need to work on this bike. All imput greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bob.
You can get em from NAPA.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:28 PM
PLHOG
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out

http://www.cruztools.com/multitools.html

I carry the H13 in my tool pouch at all times, and bought one for all my relatives that ride Harleys. It even has the 10mm wrench for the battery.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the most awsome Torx set off E-Bay. I'll try to find who I got it from, in the mean time do a e-bay search for it. Set has everything I and all my friends have ever needed in it.

Geno

Old 12-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Home Depot 'husky brand'.

I got all the sizes needed plus a few I didn't for about $12 in 3/8" drive.

Sears was closed when I needed it, so I didn't even look.

Quick Reply: Where can I find a # 27 Torx socket?