Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 AM
backnasaddle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BOOTS

If you don't mind the weight, I bought a pair of Caterpillar Walking Machine steel toe work boots for about $79.00. Best damned work books I ever had, look pretty decent, and very comfortable.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My problem is that I have a real narrow foot. I bought a pair of Corbin boots back in 96...but I haven't been able to find them again, so I think Corbin stopped marketing them. I've had my second re-sole job done on them last year, so hopefully they will last a few more years. They have a zipper up the inside with a velcro closure over the zipper. I've tried Red Wing and HD boots an none are nearly as comfortable as the Corbins.....wish they were still seling them.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been wearing Cruizer Works boots for about 7-9 years, I have a very narrow foot and these felt like house shoes from thestart and still do.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Caterpillar or Skechers steel toed high top work boots have always been my favorite and most comfortable riding boots. I also have a couple pair of Durango harness boots, but they're not as comfy as the other style/brands. I wear them every day for work, but for riding I prefer my Cats or Skechers.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

WWW.GEORGIABOOT.COM (STYLE G6274)

IM BUYING FROM THIS CO FOR 25 YEARS.. IVE FOUND NO BETTER BOOT.

HARLEY MAKES MCYS NOT BOOTS.. I BOUGHT A PAIR OF HD'S 10 YEARS AGO WORE THEM FOR 2 DAYS.. THEY SIT IN MY BASEMENT.
TOO HARD AND TOO HEAVY !

Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I have one pair of HD boots. They took a while to break in but, ever since, are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. I'll have 'em resoled when the time comes.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:53 AM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had cruser works they were very confortable but they wore out kinda fast with my fat a$$
i like a side zip boot i am whering a harley side zip now they seen to be holding up but not as comfortable as the cruser works

Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 AM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: elcid1989

Problem I have is that most H-D boots don't come in EE width. I prefer the zip side, leather/nylon boots kind of like the old jungle boots. (Except all black) Ideally, I'd have steel toes too.

Any body seen anything like this?
I found the HD boots in wide sizes at Rockin Leather. Not all of them but most of them and there cheaper in price, about $15-$20 cheaper.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
jharanin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up a pair of Cruzier Works..haven't had them on the scoot yet but they are comfortable so far. Use to buy the HD boots but as far as being waterproof they suck

Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
rockdoc
Tourer

I just went through this. The HD boot I was looking at (Hustin) was not in stock anywhere in my area so I would have to order them without trying them on (no way am I going to do that.....). That particular boot is made by Wolverine and I could not find it anywhere else. My old boots are made by Georgia boot and were pretty comfortable but did not hold up well (wore holes in the leather after two years of use). I ended up getting a pair of Frye harness boots - they cost me $50 more than the Hustin's would have, are a really well built boot, and American made. Just breaking them in right now.

Quick Reply: BOOTS