Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help choosing exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 04:28 PM
STBKNOX
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing exhaust

I need some help choosing an exhaust for my bike I just purchased, its a 2005 Electraglide Classic. I was thinking about getting the Rinehart True Duals. I want an exhaust that has a deep sound to it but not so loud I cant hear the stereo, the stereo has been upgraded with 100 watt speakers so I actually have to turn it down some while cruising on the interstate, they are pretty loud. Let me know what exhaust you think would work best and about what the cost is to purchase it and have it installed on average, I know the bike will have to be mapped since its fuel injected.

I was also thinking about having it Dyno tuned at the same time, cost is $295 at a local cycle shop that has an excellent reputation.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Ill be posting pics soon, need to clean it up some. Thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master
Default RE: Help choosing exhaust

exhausts appear to be a highly personalized issue. My suggestion, as I've read here on the forum is go to a large bike rally, listen to all the different sets of exhaust, find one you like the looks and sound of, and then ask them what it is. Proceed from there.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Bub 7 true duals and they have a very deep rumble but do not hurt your ears to ride all day. You can hear your stereo over them. Nice bark when you get on it. Highly recommended.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:10 PM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Solitaree1
We all have our preferences. Get what you like the sound of or you'll being buying over and over.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:58 PM
dcc46
Tourer

i have the rinehart true duals and couldnt be happier. their loud but not obnoxious. a nice deep rumble

Old 05-31-2008, 06:00 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do a little research. rineharts have the worst hp gain of any pipes on the market. if you look at the headers of all the pipes out there vance and hines are the cheapest price. try a set of wild pig pipes with slip in baffles. rumble when you need it quiet when you want it. 15 hp gain

Old 05-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Buckeye Biker
Advanced

Go to www.youtube.com and search for harley exhaust.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:30 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: blueflht

do a little research. rineharts have the worst hp gain of any pipes on the market. if you look at the headers of all the pipes out there vance and hines are the cheapest price. try a set of wild pig pipes with slip in baffles. rumble when you need it quiet when you want it. 15 hp gain
First of all the Rineharts are a total dissapointment stock. I spent almost $2000 on Rinehart True Duals, Sert and download. They brought my 08 Street Glide out and fired it up. What a joke I thought. I went to the Rinehart performance baffles but still not pleased. Then I found the Big City Thunder monster baffles. Now my Harley life is completeListen to my pipes and enjoy!!!
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=IMGP0035.flv

Old 06-01-2008, 03:52 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Solitaree1

exhausts appear to be a highly personalized issue. My suggestion, as I've read here on the forum is go to a large bike rally, listen to all the different sets of exhaust, find one you like the looks and sound of, and then ask them what it is. Proceed from there.
+1 ~ let your ears do the work for ya... Is always my rec....

Old 06-01-2008, 08:17 AM
pfd161
Cruiser

Talk to stevie 9 pipe.....Maineultraclassic....he has been through them all....he now has the Fatcat's with the quiet baffle and i think he's finally happy....
Dennis

Quick Reply: Help choosing exhaust